Author Topic: December Babies  (Read 89 times)

Ashy

December Babies
« on: Mar 23, 2020, 07:27:31 PM »
There isn't very much to do now that people have filled their cupboards, spare rooms, garages and attics with provisions for the next half century, all the pubs and cafes are shut, along with cinemas and theatres, therefore even if the NHS is not overwhelmed by china flu sufferers, they can expect extra maternity cases around December. So in case I don't make it, happy Christmas to all.
Any surviving remainers have the rest of the transition period in 2020 to become rejoiners

klondike

Re: December Babies
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
You sound like my grandfather. Every Christmas he'd get pіssed and ask everybody to drink up and join him as he might not be around next Christmas. Inevitably but still sadly one year he was right. I hope you aren't and we can all look back on this and marvel at the total madness of it all.

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 07:33:09 PM »
Let's hope they've been stockpiling condoms. ;D

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2020, 07:36:58 PM »

Round here that is frankly unlikely.
Any surviving remainers have the rest of the transition period in 2020 to become rejoiners

biglouis

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:07:03 PM »
Is not our generation referred to as the "boomers" because this happened during the last war?

I was born in 1944 after my dad got leave from the navy. In all his letters to my mother he referred to her pregnancy with me as "your trouble".No wonder he never really took to me.
No unjust system was ever broken or corrupt society changed by time servers and yes men who obeyed the orders of “legitimate authority”.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:38:56 PM »
Is not our generation referred to as the "boomers" because this happened during the last war?

I was born in 1944 after my dad got leave from the navy. In all his letters to my mother he referred to her pregnancy with me as "your trouble".No wonder he never really took to me.

I think the 'Boomers' bit comes from the war ending and the next 5 yrs or so, occasioned by men coming home and discharged wanting a child quickly..Deep psychological need in men who thought they had all the time in the world to have a child and found that they didn't and the women waiting at home frightened of the chance being lost again..
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:48:46 PM »
Ive always hated the term.
No unjust system was ever broken or corrupt society changed by time servers and yes men who obeyed the orders of “legitimate authority”.

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2020, 12:53:39 AM »

You beat me to it Jacq  :)