Author Topic: 2 metres  (Read 845 times)

sparky

2 metres
« on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:14:11 AM »
I have advertised 2 metre length sticks on ebay, for folks to carry around,  who are unsure what 2 metres looks like, this time next year I will be a milionare.

Ashy

Re: 2 metres
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
I do hope they are telescopic. For getting on the bus like.

Jacko70

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
Bloody metres, this is the UK and we are leaving the EU I say go back to Feet and inches  >:(

6.56168 foot!  ;D
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »
I have advertised 2 metre length sticks on ebay, for folks to carry around,  who are unsure what 2 metres looks like, this time next year I will be a milionare.

You could expand your range & market a stick for those blokes who don't know what 7 inches looks like.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:36:04 AM »
I have now advertised the deluxe version, it has an electrode on the end that give a high voltage shock to anybody coming to close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it can be switched off, should the culprit be a 25 year old long legged blond.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »
Bloody metres, this is the UK and we are leaving the EU I say go back to Feet and inches  >:(

6.56168 foot!  ;D
Well said that man.While we are about it,
Wuhan Flu NOT Coronavirus.Curfew NOT Lockdown. (I hate Americanisms)

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:23:04 AM »
Well said that man.While we are about it,
Wuhan Flu NOT Coronavirus.Curfew NOT Lockdown. (I hate Americanisms)

Wuhan Flu, well done mick.

A young female politically correct virtue-signalling reporter asked  Donald Trump why he kept calling it Chinese Flu.

Donald Trump, without even turning to look at her, said, over his shoulder, "it started in China" & just carried on walking.

Classic Donald Trump.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »
He is not wrong.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:48:26 PM »
The Corvid-19 name was brought forth purely to stop it being called Wuhan or Chinese flu. What happened with Corvid-1 through Corvid-18 that we never saw the names in general use and just had to make do with swine fever, Asian flu, Spanish flu, bird flu and the like.

Sod 'em. Call it what it is. Had they not lied and actively suppressed news getting out we wouldn't be burying so many or flushing the world's economies down the toilet leaving debt for the next generation to sort out.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »

This time next year I will be a milionare..!!

Blimey sparky.. You can't even spell the word... So there's not much chance of you becoming one..  ;) ;D ;D ;)
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Jacko70

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:42:10 PM »
Sars, Meres Corona, all from China.

Made in china should now be blacklisted until they get rid of these wet markets and ban the sale of dead and dying animals from animal testing laboratories into the food chain.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »
The Corvid-19 name was brought forth purely to stop it being called Wuhan or Chinese flu. What happened with Corvid-1 through Corvid-18 that we never saw the names in general use and just had to make do with swine fever, Asian flu, Spanish flu, bird flu and the like.

Sod 'em. Call it what it is. Had they not lied and actively suppressed news getting out we wouldn't be burying so many or flushing the world's economies down the toilet leaving debt for the next generation to sort out.

In Covid-19, 19 stands for the year so the Spanish Flu would have been Covid-18 & the Asian Flu would have been Covid-57.

Spanish Flu, Asian Flu & Wuhan / Chinese Flu is ok with me.

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
In Covid-19, 19 stands for the year so the Spanish Flu would have been Covid-18 & the Asian Flu would have been Covid-57.

Spanish Flu, Asian Flu & Wuhan / Chinese Flu is ok with me.
Me too, a spade is a spade.

sparky

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2020, 02:10:32 PM »
Scrumpy, The spelling mistake was deliberate, I was doing my Derek Trotter impression , it was always the way he pronounced it.

biglouis

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2020, 03:48:58 PM »
There are people here who are sufficiently pedantic as to pick you up for a minor spelling mistake or typo and others who write a very odd version of "English" whom no one challenges.

You dont need to be able to spell to do well in business. I would like to bet Alan Sugar and others like him did not have the best education.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.