Author Topic: Prince of Wales has the virus  (Read 1038 times)

Flying bomb

Prince of Wales has the virus
« on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:41:17 AM »
Just reported on Sky News at 10.30am, that Prince has the Coronavirus.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

biglouis

Re: Prince of Wales has the virus
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:47:49 AM »
Apparently displaying only mild symptoms but Camilla has tested negative. Currently at Balmoral.

I just heard a heartbreaking story of a woman who got a call from her mother's care home saying she (mother) had been marked DNR (do not recusitate) in the event of her getting CV-19. In other words she will be denied a ventilator.

Im sure Charles will get one if necessary,

No doubt plenty of flunkeys available to look after them - social distancing of course.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »
He is the same age as me interesting to see how he gets on, saying that he seems very fit and will get the best of care if he needs it.

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Apparently displaying only mild symptoms but Camilla has tested negative. Currently at Balmoral.

I just heard a heartbreaking story of a woman who got a call from her mother's care home saying she (mother) had been marked DNR (do not recusitate) in the event of her getting CV-19. In other words she will be denied a ventilator.

No doubt plenty of flunkeys available to look after them - social distancing of course.

So who decided this lady will be denied a ventilator?  Have they got special powers now?  I thought do not resuscitate was your or families own choice.

katkin11

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:06:07 AM »
Nice he could get a test millions of health workers cannot priveledged can get it all cant they? gone to scotland out of the way nice he had that choice

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »

The flunkeys will have to be extra careful because when they bow & grovel, their heads could be inside the 2 metre zone so their bodies will need to be over 2 metres away, just to be on the safe side.

He is the same age as me interesting to see how he gets on, saying that he seems very fit and will get the best of care if he needs it.

Taking into account the huge amount of medical resources that will be expended on him as & when necessary, I don't think he's a very good indicator.

So who decided this lady will be denied a ventilator?  Have they got special powers now?  I thought do not resuscitate was your or families own choice.

Medical staff can decide on a DNR policy for patient.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

StephenM123

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:32:22 AM »
Get Well Soon Charles! I wish you well!

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:36:38 AM »
Get Well Soon Charles! I wish you well!

If he can't Get Well Soon' it doesn't bode too good for us plebs who are left to our own devices.

The bloke I know in South Devon is struggling & they won't admit him to hospital, despite him also having other health problems.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:08:25 PM »
DNR is usually the patient's choice - I have never heard of it being imposed by staff, although there can be errors - at one stage Veronica's case file had been marked DNR due to a misunderstanding which I was able to correct - this was about 7 years ago, and a good while before she actually died. At that time, sadly, nothing could save her.
A triage decision that sorry, we can do nothing to save this person' is something different - it is never said that bluntly, I am giving a precis

Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
DNR is usually the patient's choice - I have never heard of it being imposed by staff, although there can be errors - at one stage Veronica's case file had been marked DNR due to a misunderstanding which I was able to correct - this was about 7 years ago, and a good while before she actually died. At that time, sadly, nothing could save her.
A triage decision that sorry, we can do nothing to save this person' is something different - it is never said that bluntly, I am giving a precis

Mike

This is what the law says.

"Do I need to consent to a DNR order?

There are many misunderstandings about what a DNR order means, and the law surrounding their use.

The most important factor to bear in mind is that the law does not require a patient, or their family to consent to a DNR order. This means a doctor can issue a DNR order, even if you do not want one (see section on what to do if there is a disagreement).

The law instead limits the use of DNRs to certain circumstances, and gives patients a right to be involved in the decision making process. Put another way, patients have no right to demand that a doctor provides CPR if that doctor does not believe that CPR would be successful, and hence not in their patient’s best interests."

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »
Just reported on Sky News at 10.30am, that Prince has the Coronavirus.

Prince Charles has the virus..

So bloody what..!!

... and it made the HEADLINES on the news..

THOUSANDS worldwide are struggling to stay alive..  Risking their lives..Losing their lives..Losing their jobs.. Fearing for their loved ones..Worrying about the future.. Many with no hope for the future....

Yet, this pampered Prince feels a bit hot under the collar and the best medical team are on hand to treat him..

The public will not be sympathetic towards this news.. Yet another reason to look closely at all these royals ...

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

katkin11

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:15:07 PM »
Quite right Scrumpy must look after the royals at any cost i expect all the family have been tested as i said earlier what about front line nurses they dont count?

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:49:19 PM »
Sounds like a lot of envy being expressed here. If I had a bit of pull I'd use it too..and so would you. They may be royal but they're people too. On the bright side, I hope Charles recovers well but if he doesn't the succession is pretty much sorted.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:52:50 PM »
Wuhan Flu, By Appointment to His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales.

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:55:04 PM »
Sounds like a lot of envy being expressed here. If I had a bit of pull I'd use it too..and so would you. They may be royal but they're people too. On the bright side, I hope Charles recovers well but if he doesn't the succession is pretty much sorted.

An intense dislike of the outdated system of Monarchy does not equate with envy.