Author Topic: Keep fit...!!  (Read 507 times)

Scrumpy

Keep fit...!!
« on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »

With every good intention I went out onto the decking (private) yesterday to do a bit of exercise.. I stood there for a short while ,mouth wide open, trying hard to think of an exercise I even knew... I can't remember ever doing any..!!

Then the Chinese came into my mind.. They all gather around in their open spaces and do a gentle movement of the body... SO I waved my arms around my head.. lifted my legs .. one at a time.. Bent this way and that way.. Tried to touch my toes.. Started giggling at myself then had to give up because of all the excitement I needed a wee.. 

Anyone else doing a bit of  'Keep fit'..?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Jacko70

Re: Keep fit...!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
Found this, very good. Aimed at old codgers.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wp8Ipxn9s&t=586s
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:48:56 PM »
The NHS website has some exercises.

One of my daughters told me that yoga on Youtube is good.  She had been watching someone called Adrienne I think.  There is an American lady of the same name but she watched the English one and said she was good.  I'll have a look later.  I'm sitting in the sun reading The Salt Path this afternoon.

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
Found this, very good. Aimed at old codgers.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wp8Ipxn9s&t=586s

Thanks, I'll give that a go later.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »

With every good intention I went out onto the decking (private) yesterday to do a bit of exercise.. I stood there for a short while ,mouth wide open, trying hard to think of an exercise I even knew... I can't remember ever doing any..!!

Then the Chinese came into my mind.. They all gather around in their open spaces and do a gentle movement of the body... SO I waved my arms around my head.. lifted my legs .. one at a time.. Bent this way and that way.. Tried to touch my toes.. Started giggling at myself then had to give up because of all the excitement I needed a wee.. 

Pelvic floor exercises for you then. ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2020, 03:55:05 PM »
Pelvic floor exercises are the way to go if your inclined to "wee" when you laugh.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »
I'm grateful the weather is changing - I can get out in the garden and take a 15 minute walk twice a day

stellamaris

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »

I might be taking this too seriously.  Sorry folks!  But do you have a skipping rope, or something to use as a skipping rope?  Do you remember how to skip? It's good fun if you don't mind being totally knackered after 10 minutes max.  The Chinese thing Tai Chi is great because you stay upright.  And you can do bits of it anywhere in the house.  There is lots on the internet about basic movements and breathing is a major part.   There is a gentle knee roll that I do when I remember and always when my knees feel creaky.   It takes about 40 seconds and is magic for the rest of the day.  I did go to classes years and years ago and only remember the moves that are good for me, but they make me feel energised so I carry on improvising [and looking like an idiot].  But mostly I am just sitting around, listening to the radio/TV , doing my finger and toenails and sofa exercises ;D

If it goes on for a long time I will know what colour my hair is all over, for the first time in about 40 years.

Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »
Pelvic floor exercises for you then. ;D

;D ;D ;D 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2020, 05:54:19 PM »

If it goes on for a long time I will know what colour my hair is all over, for the first time in about 40 years.

Stellamaris  ;D ;D ;D

My hair was natural auburn 40 years ago.. I think I will go back to my natural colour.. So I shall be growing this (bottled) colour out..

I might even look 40 years younger..!!  ;)

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2020, 05:54:37 PM »
Pelvic floor exercises are the way to go if your inclined to "wee" when you laugh.

Yep, a woman with pelvic floor issues certainly doesn't want the Wuhan Flu with it's dry cough.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
That applies to those with the squits too..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2020, 06:00:16 PM »
Yep, a woman with pelvic floor issues certainly doesn't want the Wuhan Flu with it's dry cough.

That’s okay then.. If it’s a dry cough I won’t be weeing anyway.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »

That’s okay then.. If it’s a dry cough I won’t be weeing anyway.

;D ;D ;D