Author Topic: Home virus testing kits  (Read 963 times)

Diasi

Re: Home Virus Testing Kits.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:39:29 AM »

The term 'a rigorous Bazzer' came into common use in London during the 1740s when the practice of 'bazzing' was at it's height. The young dandies of the day thought it great sport to tip up a lady's cage, a device for maintaining the drape of a voluminous skirt. It caused great merriment were the victim found to be 'tubeless' or without underwear, and the cry of BAZZER!! would be raised. The phrase had left common parlance by 1750.

I wonder if Bazzer wishes he'd not use the word 'rigorous' now. ;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

BazzerPontefract

Re: Home virus testing kits
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:05:48 AM »
define rigorous Bazzer
CrabbyOB
I'd define rigorous as the form of Lockdown where you don't go out the house at all - no shopping no walks no medic contacts no going out to work.
In this state you are an infected carrier and dangerous.  Your confinement, after testing positive is a max of 7 days.
Your looser form of confinement, after testing negative, is still 12 weeks.

GrannyMac

« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:07:52 AM »
You lost me..Sloggis?..I was actually making up the history of 'Bazzing' to define it..as requested. ;D ..

A brand of knickers.  Often favoured by mature ladies.  ;)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

Re: Home Virus Testing Kits.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:10:39 AM »
CrabbyOB
I'd define rigorous as the form of Lockdown where you don't go out the house at all - no shopping no walks no medic contacts no going out to work.
In this state you are an infected carrier and dangerous.  Your confinement, after testing positive is a max of 7 days.

Yes, I'd go along with that assessment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:13:19 AM »
I am confused about what basic products we all have in  our homes  that can be used to wipe door handles, keyboards, etc , that could have become contaminated, even the shop products even if they are available seem to vary with their effectiveness.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »
I would image that bleach would be reasonably effective - but not appropriate for all surfaces, of course
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:34:46 AM »
Mike,  Yeah I did think maybe  that, but a bit concerned about the  affect on peoples hands with any  residue left on say door handles.

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:35:47 AM »
CrabbyOB

thanks Bazzer
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

digitalis

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »
Home Virus Testing Kits:

Welcome!...if they work!!! How many to be tested and purchased by the government? Enough?

I well remember the bomb detecting gizmo kits that were bought by the government and sold to others governments. Anyone remember 'em? Turned out they were no more than two wired coat hanger held in a fancy handle and operated by minute self induced muscular movements. Purchase for 100s o thousands. I think the bloke was eventually sent to the slammer. These bomb detectors were verified by our army experts! O course,all denied it.

Anyways,seems Charles got tested ASAP. Tho I thought the only ones who got tested were those arriving at hospital...if not dead,nearly dead. I see lottsa celebs and A listers are announcing their virus results in national paps and mags. Maybe time for a photoshop,an opportunity,free publicity and time to make an earner.

Strange times. Take care folks!

klondike

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:37:21 AM »
We were doing a bit of spring cleaning yesterday and the all purpose wipe tissues mentioned a wide range of stuff they killed including some viruses. I would take a guess that being effective against one virus probably means most. I'll check the pack but I'm guessing they will include a bleach.

No bleach and probably not antiviral despite being mentioned in one place on the packaging.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/power-force-orange-all-purpose-wipes/p/003042000399400
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
how about vinegar?.... this is a question not a suggestion
imagine your home smelling like a chip-shop...
mmmm i might try it...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

mick607

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:42:06 AM »
Zolflora is supposed to kill Wuhan Flu.

Sheila

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:01:08 AM »
how about vinegar?.... this is a question not a suggestion
imagine your home smelling like a chip-shop...
mmmm i might try it...lol

I soak our shower head in vinegar to kill the sort of bacteria that I had (have?) in my lungs.