Author Topic: Home virus test - Positive Result  (Read 1592 times)

BazzerPontefract

Home virus test - Positive Result
« on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »
This could be used  for very positive things once you've done your rigorous Lockdown.
You come out CLEAN - neither a danger to yourself nor anyone else.
Would it not be nice if some agency could issue an official armband with the word  CLEAN on it - that person could then revert to a normal life, go to work  go on holiday  or provide full contact help for those really in difficulty.

klondike

Re: Home virus test - Positive Result
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:49:47 AM »
Pointless. In fact positively dangerous. You are only CLEAN at the time of the test. By the time the result has arrived you could have become infected. Only a positive test has any real meaning. They can't even be certain that having had it once you become immune to getting it again although I assume it is likely you will be at least for some time.
So long and thanks for all the fish

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:56:41 AM »
Pointless. In fact positively dangerous. You are only CLEAN at the time of the test. By the time the result is arrived at you could have become infected. Only a positive test has any real meaning. They can't even be certain that having had it once you become immune to getting it again although I assume it is likely you will be at least for some time.
Klondike
Rubbish
You are an infected carrier (or Not) at the time of the test.
You're infected, you do rigorous Lockdown, and come out CLEAN.
You are UNCLEAN at the time of the test and for 7 days of rigorous Lockdown subsequently.
What could be more clear.

klondike

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:27:43 AM »
Wrong again your greatness...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24532754-600-can-you-catch-the-coronavirus-twice-we-dont-know-yet/
Klondike
NS says we just don't know about immunity, while the medics are telling infected carriers to  go home rigorously isolate for seven days and then get on with their lives.
I dare suggest with all these post infected (still infected if they've no immunity) carriers being injected back into the community we'd have a bigger crisis than we have now.
I see no one suggesting post infected carriers be permanently put into quarantine.

They just don't know, whilst the world work on the assumption there is immunity.

If you assume there's no immunity you assume there's no point in Lockdown.

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
If you assume there's no immunity you assume there's no point in Lockdown.
Lockdown and isolation are to stop the potentially infected mixing with everybody else. Whether you achieve immunity after having been infected which is probable but not proven is irrelevant to lockdown. It does mean you can't just assume that anybody who has tested positive cannot infect others later after recovery because they may possibly become infected again and it certainly doesn't apply to those testing negative.

Try thinking before posting.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
Lockdown and isolation are to stop the potentially infected mixing with everybody else. Whether you achieve immunity after having been infected which is probable but not proven is irrelevant to lockdown. It does mean you can't just assume that anybody who has tested positive cannot infect others later after recovery because they may possibly become infected again and it certainly doesn't apply to those testing negative.

Try thinking before posting.
Klondike
Rubbish.
Lockdown and isolation reduces infectious transmission, but after Lockdown and isolation, those that went into Lockdown infected come out CLEAN too, so you finish (hopefully)with lower numbers of infected carriers.

My wife has just pointed out that some readers may miss the Title which specifies the argument is about a self test that proves positive and nothing else.

Diasi

Re: Home Virus Test - Positive Result
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
Better order a handbell.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fashion158-Chinese-Buddhism-exorcism-Handicraft/dp/B07V2XDL29/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=Chinese+handbell&qid=1585215064&sr=8-20&swrs=A34AF9C1EA6512A1284DFF0521860415

Why do you keep putting me in the position of wondering if I should buy one asap, in case the production of the bells ends.

This is the second time you've done it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:58:12 AM »
My wife has just pointed out that some readers may miss the Title which specifies the argument is about a self test that proves positive and nothing else.
Perhaps she meant you as you were the one capitalising CLEAN in your first post. In any event I really can't be bothered to continue this discussion with you.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
BP I really think you should stop saying RUBBISH when answering other member's posts.   Just a thought...…...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:22:43 PM »
Bear with me, please, folks, because I am getting confused - not hard, I know. Surely the test has two possible outcomes. Positive for the virus, or negative for the virus. If you are clear of the virus at the time of the test, it doesn’t mean that you can’t contract it subsequently, and as far as I can see that is all. To issue CLEAN armbands to those who did not test positive simply isn’t on. It is no guarantee that they won’t contract it in the future, almost certainly being unaware of the fact during the incubation period, thus representing a grave threat. Yes/no?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
I really don't think it's that clear Mike..I'd really like to see a test report because I'm sure the wording will be non-specific..What they're testing for didn't exist 3 months ago..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

Re: Home Virus Test - Positive Result
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
Bear with me, please, folks, because I am getting confused - not hard, I know. Surely the test has two possible outcomes. Positive for the virus, or negative for the virus. If you are clear of the virus at the time of the test, it doesn’t mean that you can’t contract it subsequently, and as far as I can see that is all. To issue CLEAN armbands to those who did not test positive simply isn’t on. It is no guarantee that they won’t contract it in the future, almost certainly being unaware of the fact during the incubation period, thus representing a grave threat. Yes/no?
Mike

On studying the test it appears that it looks for two markers in the blood which indicate that:

the person hasn't had Wuhan Flu
the person is currently infected with Wuhan Flu
the person has had Wuhan Flu

It's the antibodies in person 3, who has had the virus & has recovered but who hasn't had any treatment so doesn't show on the records, that are of most interest.

I may be wrong, but that's my understanding.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »
I really don't think it's that clear Mike..I'd really like to see a test report because I'm sure the wording will be non-specific..What they're testing for didn't exist 3 months ago..
Good point
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!