Author Topic: One surprise  (Read 1170 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: One surprise
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:07:31 AM »
I wondered that. I have to get milk at least twice a week, bread at least once, and while doing so get other food
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:08:11 AM »
Oh, and the shop is two miles away
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2020, 09:55:41 AM »
Tesco local five minutes away, but its small and they run out. Lots of people without cars rely on it, so unless I have no choice, I'll keep going to the bigger supermarkets.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
It really doesn't matter if fuel was 25p a litre you can't use much of it as you should be tucked up at home if over 70 for the next 3 months at least.
That's why I didn't bother to top up. My half a tank might last longer than I do.
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2020, 03:15:08 PM »
That's why I didn't bother to top up. My half a tank might last longer than I do.

thanks pal, i needed that
my son still has my car keys, he points out i cant isolate when in possession of said car keys
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Jacko70

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
Went to my supermarket yesterday and there must have been a hundred people standing in line (well apart) waiting their turn to move inside. Decided not to stop and drove home.

Went back this afternoon and the line was shorter so decided to join them as I was desperate for bread and eggs. Joined the back of the line with my trusty walking frame and was immediately ushered to the head of the line and into the shop.  ;D First time I have ever thought glad to have a frame!
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:20:07 PM »
I have a wheeled walking frame left over from when I was ill and it's already in the back of the car..Hmm
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:22:40 PM »
There'll be hundreds on eBay if that happens every time.  >:(
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:28:29 PM »
i asked my son if he might take me to morrisons
i pointed out we could use the parent and child parking...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »
There'll be hundreds on eBay if that happens every time.  >:(

Walking frames aren't the best idea, with dozens of smartphones out & ready, if you forget to walk as though you need it. ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Johned

« Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2020, 08:34:56 PM »
Went to Tescos yesterday and had to queue in a well spaced line outside the shop.  I admit I pushed in front of five ducks all patiently waiting.  One stridently objected to my so doing and quacked loudly.  I apologised profusely to this individual, a rather handsomely plumaged fellow.  When the lady on the door admitted me, a counter assistant shouted across "Keep the ducks out Vera, I know they are hungry so you can't blame them for trying to get in!"  Animals and birds are not stupid and know how to identify food shops perhaps the assistants had been giving them stale bread or somesuch.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2020, 08:08:56 AM »
My other half insisted we Top-up a couple of days back - just short of 20 litres.
So I said, we've over 600 miles in the tank now, about a third of our normal.annual mileage, what is the point of topping-up so often?
That's you - always willing to fly by the seat of your pants, was her response.