Author Topic: Furloughed workers.  (Read 268 times)

brian54

Furloughed workers.
« on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
To make things fair to make things even benefits need to be reduced by 20% for the duration of the crisis except state pensions.

Scrumpy

Re: Furloughed workers.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »

Macaroni cheese for my lunch today.. Getting a bit fed up with it.. But that is what my freezer offered me when I looked in..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

Re: Furloughed Workers.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:53:44 PM »
To make things fair to make things even benefits need to be reduced by 20% for the duration of the crisis except state pensions.

I don't agree with that but I do think all benefit increases should be cancelled this year.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:00:31 PM »

Macaroni cheese for my lunch today.. Getting a bit fed up with it.. But that is what my freezer offered me when I looked in..
Dear Scrumpy, I have warned you against eating spaghetti, and macaroni is the same thing. You should also avoid reading the Spectator, as I have just found out that Edgar Lustgarten was reading the Spectator when he died. We must not take unnecessary risks.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »

Fried tomatoes on toast for me :)

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:21:12 PM »
Lay off potatoes. They have been getting safer of late but in the past it was found that 90% of Englishmen had eaten potatoes in some form or other during the week before they died,
So long and thanks for all the fish

Walter

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
I have left over meat and potato pie from yesterday with gravy and fresh crusty bread
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »
Lay off potatoes. They have been getting safer of late but in the past it was found that 90% of Englishmen had eaten potatoes in some form or other during the week before they died,
Oh no.