Author Topic: Serious enjoyable gardening...  (Read 154 times)

granny moss

Serious enjoyable gardening...
« on: Apr 04, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
The sun is up...lovely Saturday morning...The flowers are innocent...they come up and display their beauty regardless of the world going to pots...excuse the pun...I loved my small garden. Had a high laurel edge around the house. It gave privacy and stopped sound and dust from the road. My favourite jobs : weeding and pruning...Sometimes we had strange plants coming up...some turned to be lovely flowers. I supposed the seeds were in birds droppins...Once, a very strange looking plant came up...Wondering what it could be, because never seen anything like it before. After a few days, I thought : this could be the new discovery that will be worth some few pennies !....So, I phoned KEW Gardens and told them the story. The lady at the end of the phone exclaimed : Do not touch with bare hands. Highly poisonous and spreads like wild fire...Destroy immediately by burning !...That made my day...Ah..such memories :D :D How do you love your garden ? I love ALL plants, even some weeds  ??? ::) But my favourite is a lovely pink Moss rose. The scent of it is like
heaven ! :) What is your favourite and why ? gmx