Author Topic: The Queen's speech  (Read 2206 times)

richmond62

Re: The Queen's speech
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »
Naturally His Britannic Majesty King Francis II has better things to do than waffle on about things he doesn't understand:

https://www.welt.de/regionales/muenchen/article1878817/Wird-Prinz-von-Bayern-britischer-Thronfolger.html

Cee Gee

Re: The Queen's Speech
« Reply #16 on: Apr 06, 2020, 10:23:11 AM »
I would have seen it as humerous had it had the usual indicator of  ;D  at the end of it.

See the difference? ;D

No smiley because I am one of the few on this site that cannot post them, had I been able too I would have. Are you really telling me you could not see it as a humorous post or did you think I wanted to start a civil war.....behave yourself. (smiley face smiley face smiley face.)

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »
No smiley because I am one of the few on this site that cannot post them, had I been able too I would have. Are you really telling me you could not see it as a humorous post or did you think I wanted to start a civil war.....behave yourself. (smiley face smiley face smiley face.)

I wasn't seeing your post in any particuler light, I was posting the much better Republican alternative to 'God Save the Queen'. ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Apr 06, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »
I would have seen it as humerous had it had the usual indicator of  ;D  at the end of it.

See the difference? ;D
I'll be honest I often make tongue in cheek posts with no smilie. I like to keep folks guessing....
So long and thanks for all the fish

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2020, 11:06:31 AM »
No smiley because I am one of the few on this site that cannot post them
simplest option if you can't be bothered to fix your PC is to just let the forum convert the old texting symbols into emojies. To get :) you just type a colon : followed by a close bracket  ) and one will appear as if by magic. There were threads on this recently where the options were discussed at length.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Cee Gee

« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 2020, 11:24:35 AM »
:)

Wow thanks for that K Can you tell me how to post a showing backside one that could come in handy. :) :) :)

Audrine

« Reply #21 on: Apr 06, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »
Anti monarch or not, how lucky you are to have such a Queen who showed that she cared, unlike our supposedly leader who is an ----- Take care all of you Audrine

mick607

« Reply #22 on: Apr 06, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »
Anti monarch or not, how lucky you are to have such a Queen who showed that she cared, unlike our supposedly leader who is an ----- Take care all of you Audrine
Yes we are very lucky to be supporting the world's richest woman & her extended family of spoilt hanger on's.
People are living on the streets & many living in poverty
At least you can vote your leader out but we are saddled with an expensive royal family to keep.

Diasi

« Reply #23 on: Apr 06, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »

We are extremely lucky to have a Queen who fled from London to the safety of Windsor Castle at the first hint of danger, from where she could tell us how much she cared.

You are deluded if you think a 5 minute speech makes any difference to the UK?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cee Gee

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »
Here we go.

Cee Gee

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »
Oh forgot....:):):)

Walter

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »
Yes we are very lucky to be supporting the world's richest woman & her extended family of spoilt hanger on's.
People are living on the streets & many living in poverty
At least you can vote your leader out but we are saddled with an expensive royal family to keep.

Not wishing to start an argument I usually ignore Republicans they after all are entitled to their opinion
which I support but now I am chilling out after working all day around the house and being a bit pedantic today :)

I would like to point out a couple of things

The Queen is a wealthy woman but is not the richest woman on the planet far from it she is not even in the top twenty of the worlds richest women list of the entire list of the worlds richest men and women she is number 331

The Queens personal wealth is mainly inherited plus she does have assets and investments is £420 million , she also earns about 10 million a year from her racing stud all running costs paid for by HRM

She like all the Monarchs before her is exempt from Income Tax , however over a decade ago she waived that inherited right and pays roughly 7 to 8 million a year tax last time I bothered to check

The Queen is given money by Parliament from the Sovereigns Grant used to be called the Civil List which goes back to Charles 11 when the Monarchy was restored , in exchange for him handing all power to Parliament not to interfere and stay out of Politics.

He also handed huge tracts of land etc which today is called Crown Estates which despite its name is not owned by the Royal Family run by an independent body, these estates generate roughly £ 330 million a year profit which goes direct to the treasury.

Out of that the Queen is given 15% of it which does not go into her purse or personal bank account she is not paid a salary, it is to pay for the upkeep of Buck House Windsor and other royals residences Staff wages ceremonies and duties she performs every year, only the Queen gets this not the rest of them

What she spends is monitored and audited every penny of it.

The cost to taxpayers if roughly £2 a year each the total cost to the taxpayer for the Royal family is about £65 million a year security etc. 

For me that's a pretty good deal

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »
We are extremely lucky to have a Queen who fled from London to the safety of Windsor Castle at the first hint of danger, from where she could tell us how much she cared.

You are deluded if you think a 5 minute speech makes any difference to the UK?

24 million in the UK may well disagree with you however , she has never run away not even during the Blitz Elizabeth and Margaret were sent to Balmoral but rebelled against the Kings orders and he brought them back to London as they asked.

HRM usually lives in Buck House from Monday to Friday for most of the year when she has enjoyments in London, if no weekend engagements she goes to Windsor her residence.

Every year she normally spend the holiday weekend at Windsor Castle due to the Virus probably on sound medical advice gone a week early  to self isolate with a few trusted members of staff according to the media 8 in total.

IMO as soon as she can will back as soon as she can business as usual   

Jacqueline

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
The Queens speech would be more relevant if she actually wrote it herself.  Do you remember the speech she made as a young woman dedicating herself to our service?  I used to think that was nice, but recently learned it was written for her, perhaps if somebody else wrote my posts for me I wouldn't upset people!! :o

Walter

« Reply #29 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
The Queens speech would be more relevant if she actually wrote it herself.  Do you remember the speech she made as a young woman dedicating herself to our service?  I used to think that was nice, but recently learned it was written for her, perhaps if somebody else wrote my posts for me I wouldn't upset people!! :o

:) :)

I don't know if she wrote it or not , what I do know the Queens Speech to Parliament every year is written by the Government of the day