Author Topic: EU - We Did Well To Leave The 'Den Of Snakes & Jackals'.  (Read 1668 times)

klondike

Re: EU - We Did Well To Leave The 'Den Of Snakes & Jackals'.
« Reply #30 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:37:03 AM »
Never say never. If there is an extension I forsee a resurrection of the Brexit Party and they would certainly get my vote.

This government's handling of Covid has been far from good but I wouldn't vote Labour based on that as I doubt they would have been any better and probably worse. The economic fallout will be huge and a Brexit  betrayal on top would make that 80 majority look a lot less unassailable.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #31 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:38:15 AM »
If we leave on WTO terms does that mean we don't pay them?

Jacqueline

« Reply #32 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:39:29 AM »
Never say never. If there is an extension I forsee a resurrection of the Brexit Party and they would certainly get my vote.

This government's handling of Covid has been far from good but I wouldn't vote Labour based on that as I doubt they would have been any better and probably worse. The economic fallout will be huge and a Brexit  betrayal on top would make that 80 majority look a lot less unassailable.

Couldn't agree more.

Diasi

« Reply #33 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:40:42 AM »
If it is delayed I have waited years already I can wait a little longer but not for much longer, if we don't leave we will never vote again not even at local level.

We have already left, between now & the 31st December it's just about under what terms we leave.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #34 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:41:49 AM »

I would imagine so as any payment would be part of a deal & WTO terms mean that we've left without a deal.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #35 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:44:10 AM »
There will be tariffs on some goods and more paperwork. I imagine they'll still get their £39b or a big slice of it but there will be no continuing club membership fee and when the Eurozone collapses we shouldn't be involved in the bailout but the whole world including us will feel some repercussions from it. It's all going to be a bumpy road anyway. The shutdowns have guaranteed that.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Akbuk

« Reply #36 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »
If it is delayed I have waited years already I can wait a little longer but not for much longer, if we don't leave we will never vote again not even at local level.

An extension of two years Walter puts another GE in sight & I think that’s the EUs ploy. Starmer was an advocate of
remain & I think he will go down that road again in the next GE if we haven’t left.
No Walter, it’s last chance saloon for my voting in the UK if it’s not carried through now. Surely the Conservatives know they will pay the price.
I’m a real he/him.

Diasi

« Reply #37 on: Jun 04, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »

I think he will go down that road again in the next GE if we haven’t left.

We have left, we left on the 31st January this year.

Walter

« Reply #38 on: Jun 04, 2020, 11:53:26 AM »
As always the Devil is in the detail, and that bit has not happened yet
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Akbuk

« Reply #39 on: Jun 04, 2020, 01:24:41 PM »
We have left, we left on the 31st January this year.

I agree & it’s enshrined in Law but Laws can be changed in Parliament. I will not be comfortable until we are out of this transition period TBH.
I’m a real he/him.

Diasi

« Reply #40 on: Jun 04, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »

I agree & it’s enshrined in Law but Laws can be changed in Parliament. I will not be comfortable until we are out of this transition period TBH.

The law to leave can't be changed as Article 50 is part of EU law & it can't be untriggered.

The only way we can stay in the EU is if we apply to rejoin.

What we need to be wary of now is a bad deal that leaves us out of the EU but still subject to it's rules.

Akbuk

« Reply #41 on: Jun 04, 2020, 02:32:55 PM »
The law to leave can't be changed as Article 50 is part of EU law & it can't be untriggered.

The only way we can stay in the EU is if we apply to rejoin.

What we need to be wary of now is a bad deal that leaves us out of the EU but still subject to it's rules.

It’s only my opinion but at this moment in time EU Laws are being thrown out of the window in the EU itself.
Nothing would surprise me now, even if it’s written in stone.
I’m a real he/him.