Author Topic: emphasis on using debit/credit cards,  (Read 1847 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: emphasis on using debit/credit cards,
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 05:19:50 PM »
Frankly, what is the point of saving nowadays? None of them match inflation - might as well spend whilst you are still above ground so to do
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

mick607

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 05:22:49 PM »
Frankly, what is the point of saving nowadays? None of them match inflation - might as well spend whilst you are still above ground so to do
Mike
I agree, you can't take it with you.  ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
so true
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
I like to have cash available should I need it. I don't intend to replace my car if at all possible but if I have to it will probably be worth nothing and I certainly don't intend to get one on the knock. Similarly house repairs, replacement boiler, etc. It isn't savings it is just a rainy day reserve.
So long and thanks for all the fish

stellamaris

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 05:54:52 PM »
So he has to suck it up.

From memory it's 20p transaction charge + a percentage. eBay used to charge listing fees but they seem to have mostly abandonned those in favour of higher final valuation fees. It costs quite a bit to sell your tat but the alternative is probably the charity shop or freezing your nuts off selling at a car boot. It's hardly worth the effort of putting a listing together for low value items as you also need to figure in the cost of posting and maybe even packaging. Most of my junk that is slightly too good for the bin is forming part of my childrens inheritance in the loft. They will probalby hire a skip to house it.

;D ;D ;D  All the funnier for being so true ;D ;D
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

biglouis

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 02:35:06 AM »
From memory it's 20p transaction charge + a percentage. eBay used to charge listing fees but they seem to have mostly abandonned those in favour of higher final valuation fees. It costs quite a bit to sell your tat but the alternative is probably the charity shop or freezing your nuts off selling at a car boot.

If you are registered as a business then all these fees charged by Paypal, Ebay and the various platforms together with the cost of refunds for lost packages etc are business expenses and tax deductable
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.