Author Topic: Ants  (Read 1818 times)

zoony

Re: Ants
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »
I used to have the big flyers every year Spud. First I knew was one warm, sunny Summer's day, with the curtains closed against the heat, watching a parade of shadows marching across the inside of them..I had a peep of course and decided they must be flying ants due to the huge wings on their backs.(No fooling me!) The window sill was a huge runway with nowhere to take off until I opened the windows and provided ramps for them to climb and take off from. Cue lots of imaginary radio traffic to the tower as permissions were sought and chocks were away.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 06:28:29 PM »
What, no  ATC?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 06:36:15 PM »
That was me. Had full visuals and only two strips to watch. Not that the blighters paid much attention, don't speak English y'know..

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »
I used to have the big flyers every year Spud. First I knew was one warm, sunny Summer's day, with the curtains closed against the heat, watching a parade of shadows marching across the inside of them..I had a peep of course and decided they must be flying ants due to the huge wings on their backs.(No fooling me!) The window sill was a huge runway with nowhere to take off until I opened the windows and provided ramps for them to climb and take off from. Cue lots of imaginary radio traffic to the tower as permissions were sought and chocks were away.

;D ;D ;D  You were lucky with the numbers then.  With me, I had net curtains on a very big window and despite the doors and other windows being open, there was a moving 6-inch black band right across the top of the net curtain.   

PS Just figured out what ATC is.  So that's another  ;D  for Mike.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

zoony

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »

;D ;D ;D  You were lucky with the numbers then.  With me, I had net curtains on a very big window and despite the doors and other windows being open, there was a moving 6-inch black band right across the top of the net curtain.   

And each one looking to build another colony..I think I know who will inherit the Earth and it isn't the meek.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2020, 03:42:31 AM »
Some years ago she asked me my name so I told her. She said "is that Mrs or Miss?" I told her neither, my title is Dr. She walked off without telling me her own name which I consider to be extremely ignorant.

Needless to say I looked it up on the land registry website along with a lot of other useful info such as when they moved in, how much they paid, who holds their mortgage, etc,

My son is entitled to be called Dr. but he is quite happy to be called Mr. or by his first name he never uses the title Dr. for anything.

What on earth has all that got to do with you, that is absolutely disgusting and you have the nerve to say your neighbour was extremely ignorant.. >:( >:( >:(

The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 04:41:57 AM »
Pssst! Bee...Not even for restaurant/theatre bookings? ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 06:14:29 AM »
Pssst! Bee...Not even for restaurant/theatre bookings? ;)

No at all zoony, my son is not the type of person to use the title of Dr. to receive preferential treatment plus the fact he was just happy  with what he set out to achieve.
The only way is up....

Glen

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 06:24:15 AM »
Bee, same here with my offspring. Some years ago her friends had t-shirt printed for her celebration meal with Dr Who? on the front and "in an  emergency don't ask me. I'm not a proper Dr! which had to be worn all evening.

Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 06:28:33 AM »
Bee, same here with my offspring. Some years ago her friends had t-shirt printed for her celebration meal with Dr Who? on the front and "in an  emergency don't ask me. I'm not a proper Dr! which had to be worn all evening.

Good one Glen. ;D ;D ;D
The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »

No at all zoony, my son is not the type of person to use the title of Dr. to receive preferential treatment plus the fact he was just happy  with what he set out to achieve.

Just teasing you chuck.. ;)

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »
Its a title I worked hard to achieve and am entitled to it. I cant answer for other people and their (misplaced) modesty.

There is a long "history" between myself and my neighbour involving trespass, attempted theft, fly tipping and various forms of harassment.

I looked up the information in case I ever need to take legal action as the summons has to be correctly addressed or it is invalid. The land registry is a public website which anyone is entitled to consult.

Knowledge is power.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Glen

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
Biglouis, it must be horrible for you. All the animosity  must cause you no end of stress. Regardless of who's to blame is it worth it? High fences make for good neighbours and all that!

Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2020, 02:32:19 PM »

Just teasing you chuck.. ;)

Sorry zoony, I did realise you was just teasing me, it is just that I am proud of what my son has achieved and without him making a big deal out of it. ;D ;D
The only way is up....

David G

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
High fences make for good neighbours and all that!

A few acres of woodland with a caravan on it is beginning to look good to me. :)
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.