Author Topic: Ants  (Read 1819 times)

biglouis

Re: Ants
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
When I was still renting this house (I subsequently bought ti from her) my landlord told me that Mrs Gunga Din drove out a nice young family who left when their 6 month lease came to an end. She was constantly whingeing and snitching to LL about things like their visitors had taken HER parking space, the children made too much noise in the garden, the tenant mowing the lawn, etc. In the end she (LL) threatened them (the Gunga Dins not the tenants) with legal action for harassment for contacting her over events which had nothing to do with her function as a landlord.

I have thought of selling up and downsizing to a nice flat on a gated development. I am looking to sell to a large black family who love BOOM BOOM music and have lots of kids with a trampoline and a few noisy dogs. Every August there is a large and noisy Caribbean festival in the nearby park so they would love it.

The Gunga Dins have already repeatedly broken lock-down by having visits from relatives since their return from India and being Asian are more likely to catch the virus and die from it than I am.

I can but hope.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Glen

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »
Biglouis I really hope you can find somewhere more suited to you as it seems you will drive each other mad. These things never end well. Life is too short for the agro.

Audrine

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »
I feel for you Louis.The Gungadins sound awful. Unfortunately there are loads of these people all over the UK specially where I lived once Harrow.
I was shocked when I saw it for myself. Why not move

biglouis

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »
None of the other neighbours (Asian or otherwise) are a problem and I have very little contact with them. Fortunately the houses are detached so I have as little to do with them as possible.

Glen

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 03:01:39 AM »
The attack started with a few ant troopers scouting out the territory. They lulled the opposing army into thinking it was  skirmish not a full blown invasion. How foolish Glen's Group were. Fortunately, BL (an expert)  had advised a retaliation using Nippon. Glen sent out an undercover force to set bait traps. Successfully they set 2 in the kitchen and 2 in the dining room. No personnel were injured in this foray. Glen' s Group took cover and waited. They came in their 100s at the dead of night. In the morning bodies could be found everywhere. They were respectfully buried. More came the next  day, the next day and the next. The dead were too many  to count. Glen sent out a surveillance squad. Hardly any bodies today. The battle is not over .... to be continued.

Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2020, 04:17:11 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
War correspondents have a very dangerous job
Mike 😁😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2020, 06:45:29 AM »
I feel for you Louis.The Gungadins sound awful. Unfortunately there are loads of these people all over the UK specially where I lived once Harrow.
I was shocked when I saw it for myself. Why not move

'These people'? Do you mean difficult neighbours or just those you perceive as 'foreign'? 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2020, 09:46:28 AM »

Audrine is well excited she has found a new friend ,in Biglouis,  to play with.. ;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »
😀😀🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

biglouis

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
The Gungadins (not their real name) would be a pain in the ass whatever nationality they were.

This is a big Asian estate in the catchment area of some excellent schools including an Islamic high school where all the girls wear hijab. The other neighbours are no problem and stick to their own group. One lot are Pakistani and the other Indian. The two groups do not mix. These are not poor people - you can tell that by the cars. I say hello or nod if I see them (which is seldom) and they smile and nod in return. Thats the extent of the interaction.

Go a bit further into the (poorer) and more distant part of the estate and you will see women wearing the full burka with only the eyes showing. Well at least they dont have to bother with a face mask.

Glen

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:11 AM »
So, brief update... slight skirmish yesterday. The enemy seem to be coming at us in smaller numbers. They don't give up though! Glen's Group has resorted to guerrilla warfare and is undertaking night time attacks. New technology (GTech hand held) has made clearing the battle field an easy task. We are bedding down for the night and waiting the next onslaught! Wish me luck. Over and out!

biglouis

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »
 :D :D :D :D

I have seen evidence of another possible nest under the house by the patio but have not taken any action against them unless they invade my kitchen again. I have thought of leaving a trail of breadcrumbs towards Mrs Gunga Dins house and kitchen door.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »
😊😊😊
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!