Author Topic: Intro John V  (Read 852 times)

zoony

Re: Intro John V
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 06:34:24 PM »
You can post pics etc after 12 posts.
 The irritating insert stuff is complicated and difficult to describe the 'whys' of but it's to do with changing things after posting and happens to us all. Only thing to do is continue to modify post-posting..
A man said: You can always tell a lady, but you can't tell her much.. (Moliere maybe?)

Alex22

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »
Hi John V and welcome to the forum, nice to see some new blood so I hope you'll stick around. 

John V

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 06:50:32 PM »

You can post pics etc after 12 posts.
 The irritating insert stuff is complicated and difficult to describe the 'whys' of but it's to do with changing things after posting and happens to us all. Only thing to do is continue to modify post-posting..

Thanks Zoony. Iím half way there then. Six more posts to go and a bus pass coming soon Ö Exciting times.  ;)

John V

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »

Hi John V and welcome to the forum, nice to see some new blood so I hope you'll stick around.

Thanks Alex (five posts to go)  ;D

Jacqueline

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 07:27:08 PM »
Hi John. Good to have you on board.  I get all sort of problems with my posts, if you go into modify you can usually iron out the % signs etc.  Jac

klondike

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 08:36:44 PM »
It's a bug in the forum code. Pasting stuff in from elsewhere will cause it as will accidentally adding a line then backtabbing to get rid ot it. Here is what I ho[size=100%]pe will be a deliberate example of that.[/size]

The easiest way out if you've had sausage finger syndrome is to do a select all / cut / paste as plain text. That will leave a blank line at the top which I  usually edit out at the same time as I edit out all the damned double line spacing between paragraphs that plague me. It also means you have a clipboard copy of your carefully constructed words which the forum occasionally decides to consign to the ether.

I have no idea how many posts are needed to paste links etc. but it isn't many.

It worked a number on me that time and as I didn't cut / past I edited out to leave the deliberate one in. Sigh. Three damned times. Sigh again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:45:43 PM by klondike »

John V

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

Hi John. Good to have you on board.  I get all sort of problems with my posts, if you go into modify you can usually iron out the % signs etc.  Jac

[font=]Yes Jacqueline, thatís also what Iíve had to do. I just usually get the [font] ones and itís annoying, but thatís life. First time Iíve come across it. [/font] This is what it looks like if I don't modify it.

John V

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 08:51:06 PM »

It's a bug in the forum code. Pasting stuff in from elsewhere will cause it as will accidentally adding a line then backtabbing to get rid ot it. Here is what I ho[size=100%]pe will be a deliberate example of that.[/size]

The easiest way out if you've had sausage finger syndrome is to do a select all / cut / paste as plain text. That will leave a blank line at the top which I  usually edit out at the same time as I edit out all the damned double line spacing between paragraphs that plague me. It also means you have a clipboard copy of your carefully constructed words which the forum occasionally decides to consign to the ether.

I have no idea how many posts are needed to paste links etc. but it isn't many.

It worked a number on me that time and as I didn't cut / past I edited out to leave the deliberate one in. Sigh. Three damned times. Sigh again.

I cut and paste and it's not a big deal, but if it's a long post it will take some time and effort.

klondike

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 08:52:47 PM »
It's unusual to get it all the time. I only get it when using a tablet with a glass keyboard. Whoever set this forum up chose Simple Machines as the forum code and this is the only board out of many I've used over the years that run on that.

John V

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2020, 09:32:01 PM »

It's unusual to get it all the time. I only get it when using a tablet with a glass keyboard. Whoever set this forum up chose Simple Machines as the forum code and this is the only board out of many I've used over the years that run on that.
Iím on a laptop, but it is what it is. V Bulletin is what forums usually run on, but I suppose thatís expensive.

klondike

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »
What browser? The forum code relies heavily on javascript which is very browser specific. As it happens I use chrome on tablet and laptop but only see the bug on the tablet unless pasting in from elsewhere.

John V

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:23 PM »

What browser? The forum code relies heavily on javascript which is very browser specific. As it happens I use chrome on tablet and laptop but only see the bug on the tablet unless pasting in from elsewhere.
IE and Chrome. Happens on both.

klondike

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2020, 10:08:50 PM »
OK. Odd I don't see it with my chrome but in truth most of my forum time is using the tablet when at home.