Author Topic: Don't panic. Don't panic. R you OK?  (Read 2017 times)

digitalis

Re: Don't panic. Don't panic. R you OK?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
In defence: sometimes we all say something quickly which we later come to regret. Its sometimes refreshing to say something freely,only later feeling embarrassed at what you've said. Many people don't know what theyre talking about,including myself. Hopefully we're getting better as the days go by

klondike

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 08:33:16 AM »
That's true. I made comments about the virus spreading in care homes which I still stand by but on reflectioni should probably have kept to myself.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 12:46:45 PM »
When I read " Care homes are where you get sent to die by relatives who dont care.  "  the words I said out loud I'd never post on here.  I immediately thought of Ron and hoped that he didn't read it.

zoony

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
Geez Alex..That never occurred to me..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »
You kidding  ?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »
It was a disgusting comment, but given some of the lady’s other posts, not really a surprise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Walter

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 05:09:39 PM »

You come across as knowing little of life outside your own.  There is often a mountain of guilt associated with a loved family member who is in a care home.  One of our own forum members is in that situation now after caring, alone, for his much loved wife into their eighties.  A little empathy costs nothing.

Well said and bang on
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »
When I read " Care homes are where you get sent to die by relatives who dont care.  "  the words I said out loud I'd never post on here.  I immediately thought of Ron and hoped that he didn't read it.

So did I , my first thought was of my Mother as the forum she is now in one and Ron, ill informed crap and very poor people skills, a case of gob working quicker than brain , nobody makes that very hard to make decision unless there is no other alternative.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »

So did I , my first thought was of my Mother as the forum she is now in one and Ron, ill informed crap and very poor people skills, a case of gob working quicker than brain , nobody makes that very hard to make decision unless there is no other alternative.
Actually, I'm not so sure
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »

Sam used to say to me, on many occasions..

' I see your brain has deserted your body and left your mouth in charge.'
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Walter

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »
:):) Like that one

brian54

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 12:32:22 PM »
Care homes are where you get sent to die by relatives who dont care.

They steal your money and give you a miserable little allowance.

Kill myself first.

I must say I do not agree with this. We looked after Dad for as long as possible but unfortunately he became violent because of the dementia. He had an enormous amount of strength and attacked a nurse, doctor and a policeman causing him some injury.
The sister in the hospital said Dad could not go back to a normal residential home.
We did look at a few care homes but we had to compromise. The best one was 30 miles away which was not good for visiting.
We chose a home which looked reasonable but dad died before he left the hospital.
Dad told us to start sorting out his estate ASAP because he thought his relatives would be after it and he wanted it to go to me and his granddaughters and one who was on the way at the time.
The only one which wanted to take his estate was an ex lady friend who had left 5 years before his death when she realized I owned half the house. Dad loved his dogs and she wanted me to take them with me.
Andy was around when Dad was alive. Sadly Dougal has now died and we now have Peter. I am sure Dad would have liked him.  

xetog

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 04:17:40 PM »
I was given to understand that because care homes were either privately or council run were expected to put their own precautions in place. The Government have given local councils an extra £3.5 bn to date, little of which, I hear, has so far reached the care homes themselves. It's very easy to blame the Government for things that are not within their direct control.  Private care homes charge enough, why should they prioritise paying their shareholders over the care of their patients and staff?

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 04:32:51 PM »
Agreed Mike. My mother towards the end of her life was in Ashludie hospital, an NHS run nursing home just outside Dundee.  Apart from her physical frailty she had dementia, and the care was really good.  Profit is not what the care of the vulnerable should be about.   

Of course there is room for the private sector,  but more must come under the auspices of the NHS or LA social services.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 04:34:47 PM »
'Shareholders'...It seems to be part of the vast, eternal plan that shareholders should gorge where 'the rest' starve..I thought stocks and shares were classed as gambling? ..Not nowadays it seems and certainly not in health care provision....
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.