Author Topic: painting pictures,  (Read 346 times)

Alfred

painting pictures,
« on: May 16, 2020, 08:48:17 AM »
I'm one of those people  who simply like to sit and watch clever artist,s paint lovely pictures on the T.V  all very scenic, and colourful,

the simple skills that these talented people have is very clever indeed,
seeing  how some painters using paint brushes, and then later  switching using a pallet knife,

some even using house hold paint brushes from half inch upwards amazes me  particularly as the picture gradually takes  shape and come to life,
but many artists don't seem to paint people in their  paintings,

seeing old masters who painted  dukes, princes, and royalty and really could show almost realistic paintings which almost look like a photograph taken by a camera, almost as if they are virtually alive,

Q; do you like paintings in all it many phases painted by amateurs or professionals,  and are you also a painter if so will you share your thoughts, comments and views, with us,. 

klondike

Re: painting pictures,
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
I've probably painted more in the last couple of months than I ever have in any comparable time.
A garden wall
Some cellar walls
7 garden gnomes (supposedly the 7 dwarfs but no Snow White)
And of course my rainbow.

I still have 3 gnomes and a tortoise to do plus some coving once I put it up.
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »
I do like paintings and pictures.  Many years ago, as part of my OHs recuperation , he went for a few art classes from a local painter.  I have a couple of his water colours hung in the house.  I often pop into our central library, which houses a small art gallery.  I have a favourite picture there that I like to look at.  The light in the window of the house is very warm and feels like coming home.  We all have different taste of course!

https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/nemours-seine-et-marne-france-72083
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »

I too have painted a rainbow and a smiley face.. They hang on my porch door....

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:51:13 PM »
Always loved old masters and have seen some of the best pictures in the worlds most famous art galleries. I am not really into modern art and much of it is a con.

Mona Lisa (of course) but Leonado's anatomical and military machines are more fascinating.
My favorite artist is Valesquez and his wonderful painting Las Meninas in the Prado at Madrid.

I dont really have a talent for painting and drawing myself but I am good at designing stuff (embroidery, room settings, etc)
My favorite museum is the V&A
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.