Author Topic: Another first..  (Read 520 times)

zoony

Another first..
« on: May 16, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »
 I enjoy a US TV series called The Blacklist and downloaded the latest/last in the series episode to watch this evening. It started normally enough but suddenly wasn't. Filming had been Corona'd. Suddenly it was the actors speaking on their phones/tablets whatever from their various lockdown locations and looking, 'informal', let's say..They all expressed their feelings about the virus etc but guess what? They managed to cobble together the final episode of the series..I have no idea what to expect but fair play to the producers..Good idea PR-wise..Anyway, I'll let you know.. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

Re: Another first..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:03:30 PM »
( No spoilers here..) That was interesting and very American. They do things differently there..
 Well done to all involved in a very quirky piece of TV-on-lockdown history. Glad I'm still alive to see it!  ;D

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 08:17:23 AM »
Not everything works when made under lockdown though. I used to like Have I Got News For You despite its ever increasing leaning to the left. The version they are putting out now is unwatchable IMO. The participants used to play off each other with what I think was unscripted spontaneity but now it seems so very wooden that I just I can't watch it
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »
HIGNFY is such a habit nowadays..The only time I get excited about it is if Victoria Coren-Mitchell is on. I don't mind it being so bad..Makes it good in a strange way..

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »
I stopped watching HIGNFY when Angus Deayton left, it was never as good IMO.

klondike

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
It certainly isn't as good. I don't think any of the guest presenters are a patch on him.

I listen to the radio version as a podcast The News Quiz and that too is getting far too woke and lefty. I was going to delete the feed when that unfunny prat Nish Kumar was chairing it but just deleted the episodes and I see they have someone else now. I'm in the middle of an audio book but will have a listen when that's finished and if it is still crap I'll delete the feed which is a bunch of BBC Radio 4  Friday Night comedies which are all going the same direction.

zoony

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »
Yes..The News Quiz is not enjoyable at all nowadays. It's not because I don't know the new comics, I just don't find them funny and have little idea who they're referring to half the time. Hectoring female voices seem to've become part of radio now too..I have to turn some off immediately..Just something in the timbre of their voices grates badly..

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
..I just put on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' and it's one I don't remember from the days of Humphrey Lyttelton..Superb corn.

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 03:28:04 PM »
I used to work miles from home and commute by car. Radio 4 was my companion because I couldn't stand the inane crap most presenters of music radio constantly spout. The 6:30 comedy spot used to almost see me home. I developed a fast response to the damned Archers music though. I think it just used to go off.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »
Back in the day, I used to leave the office just as the Archers was starting, but haven’t listened since - been retired 26 years, so I suppose things have changed
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
No, they haven't...                            ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
Don’t tell me - how old is Walter Gabriel? 120?
 Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!