Author Topic: flat pack prefabs Is this the future.?  (Read 2009 times)

zoony

Re: flat pack prefabs Is this the future.?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2020, 05:59:30 PM »

I am originally from the North of England in the Pennines, yes the Trough of Bowland and the Dales are beautiful which means the prices are higher, I was born in a Mill Town and no real urge to live in one again, I don't speak Urdu or hooked on Heroin   

An unpleasant and uncalled for remark and I'm glad you managed to drag yourself out and up in the world. If you don't want replies then don't post.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Glen

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 06:01:06 PM »
Houses are only worth what someone will pay. Falling employment (2.1 mill unemployed)  billions to pay back, and a possible recession. Firms rethinking dragging people into big cities and continuing with work from home. Commuter belts will suffer if no need to go in to work. Lots  saved in office space.There is only one way for house prices go 👎.

Walter

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »

An unpleasant and uncalled for remark and I'm glad you managed to drag yourself out and up in the world. If you don't want replies then don't post.

Some find difficulty with the truth I see it every time I go home to visit family, as when and if you own or moderate this forum then you can throw your weight about , don't patronise me 

Perhaps you would like to point out what ruffled your fathers in my post
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

zoony

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2020, 06:41:05 PM »

Some find difficulty with the truth I see it every time I go home to visit family, as when and if you own or moderate this forum then you can throw your weight about , don't patronise me 

Perhaps you would like to point out what ruffled your fathers in my post

No point if you can't see it..
 You have your truth..The North you love to hate isn't the one I live in but I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just as many such areas down south do. You stay where you're happy. I'll also say what I think and won't consider it throwing my weight around.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Walter

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:59 PM »

No point if you can't see it..
 You have your truth..The North you love to hate isn't the one I live in but I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just as many such areas down south do. You stay where you're happy. I'll also say what I think and won't consider it throwing my weight around.

Wrong assumption I don't hate the North far from it, I know what happens down South been here for 50 years parts of London I avoid even during the day

Next time ask don't guess that way you will know what I think and feel.

I did not drag myself up either I worked hard and retrained four times in my working life improving my lot which is a lot more than some can say for some in my home town sat on their bums and moaned and waited for work to come to them, some are still sat there   
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Goingtoseed

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »
Houses are only worth what someone will pay. Falling employment (2.1 mill unemployed)  billions to pay back, and a possible recession. Firms rethinking dragging people into big cities and continuing with work from home. Commuter belts will suffer if no need to go in to work. Lots  saved in office space.There is only one way for house prices go 👎.

I disagree. We are within 55mins of central London by train. And as such working from home has been booming for a few years. With the lockdown, many others are now finding that they have no need to commute to the city. Saving on a season ticket amounts to £7000 annually which would pay for one good holiday a year. House prices are on the up and will continue to do so. We have excellent broadband so why would anybody now want to travel to the city to go to work when they can use a spare bedroom as an office, working and living in a semi rural area.

Glen

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
Goingto seed ... Exactly my point! When  you can work from home why  would you want to be mortgaged to the hilt with a £900,000 property 55 min commuter  distance to London when you can  get a  similar property for half the price futher afield. We ain't seen nothing yet! My children all work  from home. It's mandatory now. Previously they and partners could do one or two  days. That will change. One has already been offered more money to work at home. One is London based and only half the staff will be allowed in. One team one week deep clean then one  team the next. Those who had to go in during the crisis were relocated out of the city to emergency facilities. Most big businesses already had pandemic planning in place.   I can see my house losing value but so  be it!

katkin11

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »
I lived in a prefab in Gendros in swansea many years ago,loved it as did the nieghbours,when the council decided to dump them ,i remember people crying as they didnt want to move out .

klondike

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
It does depend where you move from and to. In 2003 we sold a nice, but by no means exceptional 3 bed semi in Haslemere for £265,000 and bought this place for £165,00, a far superior dwelling. Had this place valued about three years ago at £260,000 - my late sister's one bed little place in Kingston-upon-Thames is probably about the same value, and it's like comparing chalk and cheese.Mike
So GTS's acquaintance had multiple properties and you, in effect downsized as you went to a property worth less than the one you were in. The two exceptions I placed on not making a profit.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 09:42:20 PM »
I lived in a prefab in Gendros in swansea many years ago,loved it as did the nieghbours,when the council decided to dump them ,i remember people crying as they didnt want to move out .

They were really nice were prefabs my Auntie lived in one a great improvement to the two up two down she had previously with an outside loo. 

Have you seen the prefab in St Fagans?  The way it's furnished and everything reminds me of Auntie Gertie she was such a lovely lady.