Author Topic: What's the problem?  (Read 1898 times)

Alex22

Re: What's the problem?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 03:07:48 PM »
Because I assume that many of the objectors are gay & the Muslim attitude to gays is of concern to them.

Sorry Phil I was just being sarky !

klondike

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 04:26:28 PM »
I still can't see what all the fuss is about. We are now fully multicultural and everybody has got rainbows in their windows - even I have. It will surely assist in understanding between the two cultures and promote harmony.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
I still can't see what all the fuss is about. We are now fully multicultural and everybody has got rainbows in their windows - even I have. It will surely assist in understanding between the two cultures and promote harmony.

My lovely rainbow is for the NHS, when there is no need for it anymore it will be removed as I don't want anyone to be under the impression I support the other lot.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 05:39:02 PM »
I thought those rainbows were to show support for the NHS, not those of different persuasions
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 06:25:27 PM »
Mine is for NHS. I have no beef with GLBUXB or whoever but I don't actively support such groups.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 06:57:37 PM »
Not so.
Largest religion in the UK is Christianity.
Not to worry though the rate those immigrants breed they will soon be the main religion in any case.

That is as maybe. But with the number of CofE churches becoming redundant many certainly 'up North' are being taken over by our Muslim friends. I was up in the small mill town in Lancashire were I was born, christened and confirmed a couple of years ago only to find that the 'family' church is now a Mosque! It was extremely annoying when I went there to lay some flowers on a couple for family graves only to find that the grave yard was being used as a meeting and discussion area after one of their services. It was a case of a deep breath and push through the throng daring anyone one to either stop me or object to my presence. Thankfully no one attempted to stop me - God only knows what would have happened if I had been challenged!

mick607

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »
Around here the muslims buy pubs & change them to mosques.
Now that is sacrilidge.

biglouis

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 12:39:11 AM »
A man from the HOM opposite has been in the habit of coming back and sounding his car alarm at any time from 12pm onwards to 2 am. This is a family area with a lot of young kids.

After a lot of mysterious scratches appeared on his car and a broken wing mirror he has now moved it further down the street and his noise along with it.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »
Now that is sacrilidge.

😄😄

The problem is, some pubs, like many churches, are lying empty.  Our nearest pub is now a Tesco Express.  More use to this community than a mosque.  Our nearest church is still a church, its well used for lots of activities, thats the secret to keeping them open.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Walter

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »
Apparently there, are objections to a mega mosque in Picadilly circus.

I'm an atheist but surely the countries biggest religion should be able to set up shop in this iconic location.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/05/18/voice-opposition-to-proposed-piccadilly-circus-mega-mosque/

There are already 1500 Mosques in London do we really need another right in the heart of Central London surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes , theatres , night clubs , cinemas ,  no parking ? ,

Perhaps not at weekend that area is packed with people enjoying drinking singing dancing which some Muslims object to very strongly, some Muslims have murdered fellow Muslims for not adhering to the Quran.

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 09:55:27 AM »
Now that is sacrilidge.

:) :)

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

mick607

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 11:25:20 AM »
A man from the HOM opposite has been in the habit of coming back and sounding his car alarm at any time from 12pm onwards to 2 am. This is a family area with a lot of young kids.

After a lot of mysterious scratches appeared on his car and a broken wing mirror he has now moved it further down the street and his noise along with it.
Why mention "young kids" doesn't anyone else need sleep at those hours ?

Ashy

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 06:21:26 PM »
It's worse for families with children.

zoony

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
It takes a lot of 'normal' noise to wake a child in the early hours..Unfortunately, we don't sleep as soundly.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 07:10:54 PM »
It takes a lot of 'normal' noise to wake a child in the early hours..Unfortunately, we don't sleep as soundly.

Talk of waking children, we lived in a flat over a shop in a busy High Street.  I was about 7 or 8, sometime in the early hours,my mother told me the Electrical shop that sold TVs etc. opposite was ram raided by a car smashing the window people were shouting it was a right carry on apparently, and little me slept right through the lot.  I was very disappointed my mother didn't wake me.