Author Topic: Immigration: downsizing qualifications and salaries  (Read 1225 times)

digitalis

Re: Immigration: downsizing qualifications and salaries
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »
Oh that I could now be a BAME or a recent new immigrant. As I see it there are so many more opportunities for these people than the locals. There's jobs-a-plenty in Social Services,nursing,local government,national agencies,teaching,MSM... where to be as such moves you up the greasy pole of management and jolly-good pensions. Everyone theseadays wants to be and be seen as an equal opportunities employer. The locals are just seen as scarecrows(local=with straw coming out of their ears)racists. There's some decent dosh to be earnt hereabouts. I think Trevor Phillips said as much when he got some sorta black equality job: money for olde rope. He turns out to be a decent sorta guy. You cant blame him,as I don't blame John Humphries for milking the BBC and us licence payers(John Humphries on hosting Mastermind: "Money for olde rope" I think he was then on £450k pa). Get yer face into the hog trough,fill yer guts...if you don't,someone else will take the swill. Of course,all this counts against the local strawheads,but no one's bothered about them anyways.   

Jacqueline

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »
Saw a program on Panorama last night about immigrant camps in Greece. Most have come from Afghanistan (a poor country) to Greece (another poor country) which does not have the resources to handle them.

Yet they all get given cash cards with an allowance for their daily needs.

Comes the pandemic and the camp is quarantined for 14 days. So they cant get out to buy food.  They stage a protest and burn down a few local shops.

The authorities organize food deliveries but there is not enough so the inhabitants stage another protest.

The section of the camp where the CV-19 infected is too close is too close so there is another protest.

So these people enter a country illegally and then stage "protests" because things dont exactly go their way.

And some of them are probably coming our way.  I know what I would do with their "protests."

I saw that programme too.  If they are unhappy there's always Afghanistan to go back to, maybe the grass wasn't greener after all.

John V

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »

This is 2020, not 1920. We don’t do Oliver Twist, or workhouses anymore. For the past decade and thanks to open borders, western businesses have had a field day with cheap labour and it’s going to take a long time for that to end. You want cheap products? You won’t get them without a minimum wage workforce.

There’s a difference between economic migrants and refugees, but that difference became blurred as the EU began to treat everyone as equal. The floodgates opened and here we are. It’s not racist to disagree with a multi-cultural society that no one voted for.

Jacqueline

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
This is 2020, not 1920. We don’t do Oliver Twist, or workhouses anymore. For the past decade and thanks to open borders, western businesses have had a field day with cheap labour and it’s going to take a long time for that to end. You want cheap products? You won’t get them without a minimum wage workforce.

There’s a difference between economic migrants and refugees, but that difference became blurred as the EU began to treat everyone as equal. The floodgates opened and here we are. It’s not racist to disagree with a multi-cultural society that no one voted for.

John, according to my brainwashed granddaughter it is racist to object to a multicultural society that we didn't vote for, and she is not alone in her thinking.

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
Well it isn't so there. If your relatives come out with that twaddle, remind them that God started it.

Jacqueline

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 06:26:48 PM »
Well it isn't so there. If your relatives come out with that twaddle, remind them that God started it.

That's what our kids are taught these days I'm afraid, you can imagine the heated "discussions" between us.

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 06:28:57 PM »
You have my sympathy, I suppose you can but try to put it right.

zoony

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
The child is keeping with her generational attitudes not our bigoted ones. She has a future to grow up in and it won't be racist.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Glen

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 08:35:09 PM »
John V
 You want cheap products? You won’t get them without a minimum wage workforce.
 Jacqueline
 according .. it is racist to object to a multicultural society that we didn't vote for...

John I've posted similar. Cheap = China and we know it. We still buy it and know what we are buying into.

Jacqueline
 Democracy. Collective responsibility. The electorate voted  the government in. We wanted cheap  labour and didnt mind exploiting some people. We still don't. I like that you and your granddaughter have heated debates. You love it really! Lucky you. She sounds feisty!

John V

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 10:26:26 PM »

John, according to my brainwashed granddaughter it is racist to object to a multicultural society that we didn't vote for, and she is not alone in her thinking.

Yes, she’s certainly not alone in her thinking. It’s indoctrination and if you quizzed her she’ll come out with the usual sound-bites she’s been taught. Diversity is our strength (EU), or all cultures are equal (cultural Marxism). Racism is a dislike of races and/or skin colour, not mass-immigration and diversity (differences) is the opposite of cohesion.

A lot of the younger generation have been taught that beliefs are facts and that facts which disagree are other people’s beliefs. They’re increasingly being referred to as ‘The lost generation’ because facts mean nothing to them anymore. For instance, you can show them proof that mass immigration doesn’t work and you’ll just get a blank look in return.

Unfortunately, you have to sign in to watch this video, but it’s well worth watching as they’re now making it increasingly difficult to stop people watching what's really going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowYRlnma-M

GrannyMac

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »
The child is keeping with her generational attitudes not our bigoted ones. She has a future to grow up in and it won't be racist.

Yes.  Small children don't even notice differences in melanin. 🙄 If we have to judge, judge behaviour. I'd hate to live in an area where I was outnumbered by very noisy people, late night music, or overuse of bonfires.  I don't want neighbours who sit in the front garden on a sofa, who let feral dogs and badly behaved kids roam unsupervised.  Car parts or rubbish instead of plants in the gardens are not very attractive.   Plenty like that on some estates I worked on, and very few were from ethnic minorities.

And I'll say again, I don't agree with open borders.  But disagreeing with mass immigration is not racist. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

biglouis

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 12:32:56 AM »
And you wonder why I would send the army down to the beach with machine guns?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Glen

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:49 AM »

QuotesI was sad to have to kill them but they were a nuisance

One is a quote a out ants the other about fellow human beings.  I kid you not. Well, at least she was sad to dispatch a few ants. There must be something resembling a beating heart there. Let's hope it makes a full recovery!

Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 04:18:51 AM »
QuotesI was sad to have to kill them but they were a nuisance

One is a quote a out ants the other about fellow human beings.  I kid you not. Well, at least she was sad to dispatch a few ants. There must be something resembling a beating heart there. Let's hope it makes a full recovery!

I doubt it.
The only way is up....