Author Topic: is there an IPAD/IPHONE expert in the house? Help needed please  (Read 606 times)

Michael Rolls

I have an Iphone - about 4 years old, and an Ipad about 2 years old. Until Friday of last week if I sent or received a text it appeared on both devices. Since then neither will recognises texts sent to or received by, the other. Very frustrating. I have looked on Google and the only advice I could find was to switch Imessage off and back on again it - done it several times on both devices - no joy. Nothing, as far as I am aware, changed on Friday. There was a software update on the Ipad on Saturday, when the problem had already manifested itself and I hoped that might solve matters, but no.
I have checked that the two devices still synchronise photos taken on either, so it's not as if they are totally ignoring each other. Any ideas, please?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

Re: is there an IPAD/IPHONE expert in the house? Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
Same used to happen with mine, I switched to android a couple of years ago and they do it as well, Nowadays I can take my phone out with me and use it to take a few photos and they appear on my tablet....blooming annoying, but I've never been able to fix it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
For me, the photos appearing on both is an advantage. For it not to happen with texts is a considerable nuisance. Having clumsy fingers, trying to use the keyboard on the phone is a nightmare. Previously, if I answered a text on the phone, which is always with me, if it needed an answer of more than a couple of words, I would wait until I could use the tablet to reply. Now I can’t do that
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »
With Android it's because you have set the camera to backup your photos to your google account. It's a feature not a bug.

settings/google/backup
other data/google photos turn off backup and sync

I don't touch iStuff
So long and thanks for all the fish