Author Topic: is there an IPAD/IPHONE expert in the house? Help needed please  (Read 290 times)

Michael Rolls

I have an Iphone - about 4 years old, and an Ipad about 2 years old. Until Friday of last week if I sent or received a text it appeared on both devices. Since then neither will recognises texts sent to or received by, the other. Very frustrating. I have looked on Google and the only advice I could find was to switch Imessage off and back on again it - done it several times on both devices - no joy. Nothing, as far as I am aware, changed on Friday. There was a software update on the Ipad on Saturday, when the problem had already manifested itself and I hoped that might solve matters, but no.
I have checked that the two devices still synchronise photos taken on either, so it's not as if they are totally ignoring each other. Any ideas, please?
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

Re: is there an IPAD/IPHONE expert in the house? Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
Same used to happen with mine, I switched to android a couple of years ago and they do it as well, Nowadays I can take my phone out with me and use it to take a few photos and they appear on my tablet....blooming annoying, but I've never been able to fix it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
For me, the photos appearing on both is an advantage. For it not to happen with texts is a considerable nuisance. Having clumsy fingers, trying to use the keyboard on the phone is a nightmare. Previously, if I answered a text on the phone, which is always with me, if it needed an answer of more than a couple of words, I would wait until I could use the tablet to reply. Now I canít do that
Mike
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:26:49 PM by Michael Rolls »
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »
With Android it's because you have set the camera to backup your photos to your google account. It's a feature not a bug.

settings/google/backup
other data/google photos turn off backup and sync

I don't touch iStuff