Author Topic: Audrey catch up  (Read 851 times)

ronyork

Audrey catch up
« on: May 19, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »
Visited Audrey,s care home today they let me speak to her with a window open, do not think she knew who I was .she just said Hello I,m Audrey,think I was more upset than Audrey hopefully soon I will be able to walk her out in her pushchair, they tell me she enjoys the food and like us all she could do with a haircut, they have all had the virus test and she was  found clear, another,worry with all the bad news from care homes thank you all for your wishes to Audrey and myself.Ron York,

Jacqueline

Re: Audrey catch up
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
Visited Audrey,s care home today they let me speak to her with a window open, do not think she knew who I was .she just said Hello I,m Audrey,think I was more upset than Audrey hopefully soon I will be able to walk her out in her pushchair, they tell me she enjoys the food and like us all she could do with a haircut, they have all had the virus test and she was  found clear, another,worry with all the bad news from care homes thank you all for your wishes to Audrey and myself.Ron York,

Now you can visit Audrey things will hopefully become easier for you, you can see for yourself how she is.  Best wishes to you both, look after yourself.  Jac

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »
Good to know you've seen her Ron.  I hope it put your mind at rest a little.  Keep looking forward to taking a stroll together, and in the meantime take care of yourself.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 04:37:35 PM »
2/3 of care homes are virus free and I imagine the focus on the earlier appauling state of affairs will hopefully keep them that way and the rest either closed or sorted out.

All you can do now is wait knowing that you had no sensible alternative than what you decided on anway. Hopefully it won't be long.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
Ron..When you and Audrey were first dating, can you remember if there was anything she particularly liked? A chocolate bar, a type of sweet or a cake or something? Newberry fruits, nut brittle..anything? Might break the ice a bit next time mate..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
I think we all wish you both well.

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
Ron..When you and Audrey were first dating, can you remember if there was anything she particularly liked? A chocolate bar, a type of sweet or a cake or something? Newberry fruits, nut brittle..anything? Might break the ice a bit next time mate..

Zoony that's a great idea, even play her piece of music from the time, I can remember 50s song lyrics even if I haven't heard it for years.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 05:35:24 PM »
Ron
I am so pleased that you were to see her, even with limited contact - here's hoping 'normal' visiting will soon be possible
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »
Ron, I'm pleased you were able to see her and check she was doing ok.  When my mum went into a home, she seemed to become physically fitter.

Good, thoughtful suggestion from zoony.

ronyork

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
Did today in fact took with some Blueberry muffins and some favourite sweets  could not hand them to Audrey direct as she sometimes puts them in odd places under cushions in the bed etc you would be suprised! would often perhaps a piece of kit kat in her underwear oh dear another shower,  sweets yes took some today but one has to watch all the time as she would take items from her mouth and say what shall I do with this? Thats dementia!, she does like dance music and could still dance not sequence any more but ballroom perhaps they will have some in the home I must ask.I would have music on for her at home she would say shall we dance it could be breakfast/teatime thats dementia, i must say it,s nice to just look after myself for a while, But I wish Audrey was by my side, Oh dear no more moans .,

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »
You're not moaning, sir, and even if you were, you would be entitled. All the best
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 06:22:53 PM »
So pleased you've been able to see Audrey, hopefully it won't be too long before you can give her a hug too.   Look after yourself Ron.

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »

One day soon you will be holding her hand..

I am pleased that you are taking a much needed breather.

My love to you both.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Glen

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 09:20:43 AM »
Could you get a CD of big band dance music and CD player for  Audrey to listen to?  By the way what a beautiful name. I know a couple of youngsters called Audrey. There are more  modern media forms of which I know nothing. I'm sure somebody here could advise you. How about photos of happy times? You know what's best. Just chucking ideas. Feel free to throw in bin if less than useful.