Author Topic: Smart tv remote  (Read 1027 times)

katkin11

Smart tv remote
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
My remote has broken/ i have a sharp television/ no info on sharp website,anywhere i can get one?.looked on amazon but they are from china and would take a while to get here

mick607

Re: Smart tv remote
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:41:53 PM »
Plenty of universal remote controls about.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 09:58:45 PM »
Plenty of universal remote controls about.
Yes  - I got one a few years back and it worked fine - came with a menu so that it could recognise any make of TV I had ever heard of - worked fine
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:13:43 PM »
My remote has broken/ i have a sharp television/ no info on sharp website,anywhere i can get one?.looked on amazon but they are from china and would take a while to get here

What's the model of your TV, I'd always go for the original remote.

I've never come across a universal remote that does 100% of the functions on 100% of the TV sets.

This site should have the remote for your TV but I'd buy the Sharp remote & not the Classic alternative because, for example, the Classic remote for our Panasonic TV will not control all the functions as it has no 3D button.

https://www.remotes4u.co.uk
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

old rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
You could try installing an app from playstore that turns phone into remote
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't Know then

mick607

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
From 2019 Sharp ceased production of TVs. They are now built in China by a company called Hisense.
In the past Sharp TVs were sold with different names. A suitable remote should be easily sourced.

mick607

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »

Raven

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »
I got new remotes for both my TV and my Freeview record box, I got both on Ebay and they arrived within 48 hours.

Alfred

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »
Hello Katkin,

if you type in (sharp remote control hand set) there are some that are worth looking at. particularly on (amazon) don't forget to check the number on  your hand set and then see if there is a replacement one which you most likely can buy on line.

it might also be worth a try popping into your local asda if you live near one ,  they have a few on show and some i believe are universal, you must have a number on  the hand set which will help find a replacement

how ever a number of super markets  have a few on show perhaps your local one also might be worth a visit,. even a local electrical shop might also be worth try,

good luck don't give up as I'm sure even searching the net you'll most likely find a replacement.

katkin11

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
Hi Mick problem is on the site is not the remote i need my remote has freeview play button as well as netflix u tube,they only have netflix/u tube

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
Hi Mick problem is on the site is not the remote i need my remote has freeview play button as well as netflix u tube,they only have netflix/u tube

That's what I was trying to tell you, these universal remotes might do 90% of the functions but that's no good.

This might be what you need.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharp-SHWRMC0121-Genuine-Control-Freeview/dp/B07FBZMK6W

If not, put your model number in the link I provided & let me know how you get on.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Goingtoseed

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »
What's the model of your TV, I'd always go for the original remote.

I've never come across a universal remote that does 100% of the functions on 100% of the TV sets.

This site should have the remote for your TV but I'd buy the Sharp remote & not the Classic alternative because, for example, the Classic remote for our Panasonic TV will not control all the functions as it has no 3D button.

https://www.remotes4u.co.uk

3D is that still around. I thought that they had given up with that idea years ago.

My old Sony was 3D which I replaced it with a new 55" Sony model last year - no 3D.

mick607

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:53:55 AM »
3D is that still around. I thought that they had given up with that idea years ago.

My old Sony was 3D which I replaced it with a new 55" Sony model last year - no 3D.
I think the idea of having to wear silly glasses put many people off those TV sets.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »

3D flat-screen TVs have been phased out but 3D TV projectors are still big sellers so it's never gone away.

Our 50" LG 3D TV backlight LEDs failed & after 6 months we still couldn't get it repaired, but in the meantime I managed to find a couple of 'as new' Grade A, 3D flat-screen TV's, a 47" LG passive & a 55" Panasonic active so I bought both of them.

We do have a small 32" 3D TV in one of the bedrooms but you don't get the same 3D effect that you get with a big screen.

As you can see in the link below, 3D TVs are getting harder to buy as 2 years ago this firm had at least half a dozen sets for sale whenever I looked at their site & now they only have one set which isn't a Grade A.

https://www.electronicworldtv.co.uk/cheap-3d-tvs#0

katkin11

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »
Anyone know what the telephone number for sharp tv is?