Author Topic: A headmistress speaks out  (Read 7018 times)

old rocker

Re: A headmistress speaks out
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »
What have their politics got to do with their ability to teach
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't Know then

Walter

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2020, 04:41:55 PM »
Nothing has anyone suggested that?  it matters not what political views a teacher may or may not have if they have they should leave them at the school gate every morning, unfortunately some don't .

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

old rocker

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2020, 05:09:44 PM »
Well why did you single out those with very left wing views you mentioned it not me. I know quite a few teachers and their political views are diverse

Walter

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
Which is to be expected in any profession, however in this day and age some teachers are politically motivated and can been seen taking part in anti Tory Government marches, and very vocal at the TUC Congress   

My opinion of some them has been formed by them over the years,

old rocker

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2020, 07:30:10 PM »
And what Is wrong with that.  TUC Congress and anti government (of any persuasion) marches are perfectly legal. As you said as long as they keep their politics separate from their workplace that is not a problem

Walter

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
Nothing wrong with it all however some do take their polotics into school , when I lived in and worked in Islington a work colleague took his son out of one primary school because a teacher in the school had taught the kids to Boo every time they said Thatcher.

We moved out of Islington in order to have access to better schools , Islington Schools were well known for having far left wing teachers, we had little or no confidence in the schools in Islington.

old rocker

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:09 PM »
If there is nothing wrong with it why mention it in the context of debate. It's as relevant as saying a lot of teachers wear blue Jean's.  You then go on to mention random incidents to further vilifify people with left wing leanings. You are leftie bashing.  That's your right but at least have the courage of your convictions

Alex22

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2020, 12:54:22 AM »
Leftie bashing !  that's one I must remember  :)

zoony

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:40 AM »
Something I've heard before..I think it comes from the people who are right wing responding to the ultras of their party who openly 'bash' the left wing in ways that leave the normal right wing frustrated at it's crudity and pre-emptively poor timing. That, or it's a good activist phrase wasted..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Walter

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
If there is nothing wrong with it why mention it in the context of debate. It's as relevant as saying a lot of teachers wear blue Jean's.  You then go on to mention random incidents to further vilifify people with left wing leanings. You are leftie bashing.  That's your right but at least have the courage of your convictions

Telling you something that is true that I know to be true is not vilifying people it is being honest, if you don't like the truth and honesty that is you problem not mine.

I personally have no strong political views but far left and far right political doctrine in my opinion are not acceptable to me at all under any circumstances.

klondike

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2020, 09:13:17 AM »
I'm the same. Anybody that disagrees with me is clearly either far left or far right and obviously an extremist  ;D ;D ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

Glen

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
Really Klondike.. anyone who disagrees with me is clearly wrong .

Walter

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2020, 09:41:21 AM »
I'm not out of step RSM all the others are :)

Alex22

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2020, 05:48:00 PM »
I don't want to sound too much like Brian here, but I happen to know that the receptionist at my doctor friend's surgery is such a lovely woman, hard working, patient and kind to the punters.   You may go on to tell me about your receptionist...…….then I will say I appreciate not all doctor's receptionists are the same, in fact a lot of them wear jack boots under the desk. However, this one is a gem, but I hear what you're saying.  Hic !

Glen

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »
Oh no! It was a teacher who allegedly saw Cummings in the bluebell wood. 🤐🤭🙊