Author Topic: Dover Today. The Latest!  (Read 82367 times)

Alex22

Re: Dover Today. The Latest!
« Reply #420 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:06:28 AM »
I think the Government thought we wouldn't notice that they've shipped a few hundred up here, all across the north west.  Well we did notice, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Raven

« Reply #421 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
Don't they have a mosque on one of the isles now Raven ?

Yes there's a tiny one in Stornoway on Lewis. But that's a big island, the biggest.

Akbuk

« Reply #422 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »
Like anything in this life, overload is overload & equals a problem further down the line.
Camps are a sore subject across the EU because of the smell of "internment". From what I can see, some "official camps" have been erected across Europe BUT people have been allowed out, some of course do not return.
What I don't get is this: Are all these people who land on beaches in the Med countries, then seemingly free to country hop ever fully checked for criminality & medically?

Years back I met an Iraqi refugee in Turkey. This was before the coalition went in to remove Saddam. He was a bloody ar*ehole!!
He was about 35 years old, spoke half decent English & was a school teacher in Iraq. He had done a runner but saw fit to leave his wife & two kids behind.
So......he asks me, "when are you Brits and Americans going to get rid of Saddam"? At the time it was all in the news and imminent, my response was, soon. A few days later it happened, the coalition went in.
Move on two years, the same guy demands of me, to get out of his country.
My response then was, if people like you fought for your freedoms instead of running away & leaving your wife and kids behind, coalition forces wouldn't have been needed in Iraq.
His name was Metin, he was a paper hat then & I've no doubt whatsoever that he's still a paper hat now.
That's the problem with many of these people, you're their best friend today & their enemy on the morrow. 

I’m a real he/him.

sparky

« Reply #423 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »

Cheaper to house them where they land isn't it

I was thinking tents rather than posh hotels

xetog

« Reply #424 on: Aug 11, 2020, 12:24:37 PM »
I think it might be on Lewis.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

stellamaris

« Reply #425 on: Aug 11, 2020, 12:56:16 PM »
They had the same problem in Spain and they were shipping them into empty houses in remote places where they were allowed to work on fruit picking.   One major difference is that they were all processed in an internment centre before being sent on their way with phone chargers, and vouchers for food and clothes. No cash except where they were paid below minimum wage when working.  That is according to talkRadio today.    However they wouldn't have been able to fit them all in the centre, so there would be lots disappearing.   On the same programme I heard about a lorry driver working from Spain to England.  His Spanish base was some hundreds of miles from where they landed but they still managed to get there and harass all the drivers to take them to the UK.

Its dreadful all over Europe, except in east European places.  It's global organized crime.  Yet we are still getting thousands of people sitting on their backsides doing nothing  but ' feeling so much sympathy' for them and actively  condemning anyone who wants to do things differently.

Seems Ian Collins is bringing up this very subject now about left wing attributing attitudes to the right that the right have never had.  "You don't care about children drowning etc".  Should be a good listen if it doesn't wind me up too much.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Akbuk

« Reply #426 on: Aug 11, 2020, 11:58:21 PM »
They had the same problem in Spain and they were shipping them into empty houses in remote places where they were allowed to work on fruit picking.   One major difference is that they were all processed in an internment centre before being sent on their way with phone chargers, and vouchers for food and clothes. No cash except where they were paid below minimum wage when working.  That is according to talkRadio today.    However they wouldn't have been able to fit them all in the centre, so there would be lots disappearing.   On the same programme I heard about a lorry driver working from Spain to England.  His Spanish base was some hundreds of miles from where they landed but they still managed to get there and harass all the drivers to take them to the UK.

Its dreadful all over Europe, except in east European places.  It's global organized crime.  Yet we are still getting thousands of people sitting on their backsides doing nothing  but ' feeling so much sympathy' for them and actively  condemning anyone who wants to do things differently.

Seems Ian Collins is bringing up this very subject now about left wing attributing attitudes to the right that the right have never had.  "You don't care about children drowning etc".  Should be a good listen if it doesn't wind me up too much.

We got stuck on the Greek Island of Chios a few years back, the sea was too rough for the car ferry to get in to dock.
A nice Island, not one of the big tourist traps. A couple of dozen roads back from the seafront and it was large hills and mountains. We transited that Island again after the refugee crisis. We had no idea that Chios had become a refugee staging post into the EU. What a disaster, a beautiful Island virtually turned into a roaming refugee/migrant camp.
On arrival our wait for the next ferry was only 4 hours away, so no chats with the locals but seeing with our own eyes was enough.
I’m a real he/him.

klondike

« Reply #427 on: Aug 13, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
Apparently the Greek reading of maritime law is at variance with the interpretation given by some posters earlier in this thread.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/08/13/greece-coastguard-deters-migrant-boat-warning-shots/

As Mr. Punch or maybe Judy would say "That's the way to do it"  ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

mick607

« Reply #428 on: Aug 13, 2020, 03:59:53 PM »
Bring in the hired help.

Diasi

« Reply #429 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Mick!!! That's the sort of thing I'd say.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

« Reply #430 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:46:34 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

digitalis

« Reply #431 on: Aug 15, 2020, 08:25:33 AM »
I watched Active Patriot or Little Veteran yesterday. He 'caught' 8 or so illegals at the bottom of Shakespeare beach. It was news on the go: live action! Not go-to zzzzzzzzzzzzz BBC news. I likeabit o pleb news: I guess it might be likened to watching wrestling girls in mud;sorta fascinating and hypnotic.

With the exam grade chaos,covid chaos,coming Tsunami o-culling jobs chaos...and Boris in charge of the chaos...its just like the early days of reading the Beezer.

With the illegal migrant/refugee chaos its just another day in GB

How did we get here?

Can it get any worse?

Last seen was one o the two independent reporters having a breakdown...the police at his door.

digitalis

« Reply #432 on: Aug 15, 2020, 08:46:34 AM »
Apologies for returning so quick.

What is mesmerizing is the two working class men down at Dover ...fighting for their lives. As the immigrants come over wanting to save their own lives,'our own' know that their class of countrymen is being destroyed by waves of new arrivals. I am ashamed to admit its like watching fox hunting(or something similar): a classic 'blood sport'. Here,on You Tube,you can watch some of your own fighting for what little they have. Richard Attenborough should do a doc on it: a local or national species soon to become extinct.

Fascinating

biglouis

« Reply #433 on: Aug 15, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »
At our age it is not really a matter of concern. Im glad I have no children and grandchildren to worry about.

Civilizations rise and fall. Why not ours?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Cassandra

« Reply #434 on: Aug 15, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »
At our age it is not really a matter of concern. Im glad I have no children and grandchildren to worry about.

Civilizations rise and fall. Why not ours?

Completely agree, fortunately I have the means to completely self-isolate and the only virus I 'shield' from now and very selectively is my own kind.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...