Author Topic: Dover Today. The Latest!  (Read 82348 times)

klondike

Re: Dover Today. The Latest!
« Reply #930 on: Sep 22, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »
Its very apparent that this Tory Gov't has written our age group out of any consideration, witness TV licence fees etc. They think they have calculated right in only post 65 year olds caring about 'Asylum' seekers numbers running out of control. Impressing several hundred of these culturally opposed young men on small towns doesn't bother anyone else but us, - the Millenials they believe support it. They figure many of us and our negative votes next time will be gone, along with this countries (England's) identity and eventually soul.
In that case they doubly miscalculate (well triply if you include the current fictitious second wave fiasco).

Actuaries will happily tell them that any 65 year old can look forward to a score or more years before conveniently having no say in the next government.

Looking at the pictures of the "far right" anti immigration protesters in Dover I don't see many grannies. The people losing out to this influx are predominantly poor and young. The poor and the young still get a vote.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Akbuk

« Reply #931 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:19:32 PM »
Over 40,000 have reached Europe by sea this year already.
Not a chance of sorting this problem out, wait for some European countries to implode.

https://www.politico.eu/article/lost-at-sea-ship-standoff-builds-pressure-over-migrant-rescues/

I’m a real he/him.

GrannyMac

« Reply #932 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:47:20 PM »
Greece is on the cusp!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #933 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:51:55 PM »
Its very apparent that this Tory Gov't has written our age group out of any consideration, witness TV licence fees etc. They think they have calculated right in only post 65 year olds caring about 'Asylum' seekers numbers running out of control. Impressing several hundred of these culturally opposed young men on small towns doesn't bother anyone else but us, - the Millenials they believe support it.

They figure many of us and our negative votes next time will be gone, along with this countries (England's) identity and eventually soul.

You are so right they are just waiting for our generation to die.  But my children feel just the same as I do and other young people too, although a minority, there is some hope out there.

Jacqueline

« Reply #934 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »
The thing I find so strange is that when a British family go abroad to live, they never cease to be British.  I was thinking of someone like Rudyard Kipling (not he of the cakes) who was born of British immigrant parents and lived and worked most of his life in India, but we never say he is Indian, yet when an Indian comes to Britain, whether he becomes a British citizen or not, his children become British by birth.  On that basis why do we not call RK Indian?

Mike.X

I've never heard of a white person in China calling themselves Chinese.

Whats the saying? If Jesus was born in a stable it dosen't make him a horse.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #935 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:06:57 AM »

I've never heard of a white person in China calling themselves Chinese.

Whats the saying? If Jesus was born in a stable it dosen't make him a horse.

Attributed to the Duke of Wellington when someone commented on his Irish connection - he was born in Dublin
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #936 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:49:36 AM »

You are so right they are just waiting for our generation to die.  But my children feel just the same as I do and other young people too, although a minority, there is some hope out there.

My children feel the same as I do as well.

Having spent a few years on building sites, with mainly much younger blokes, I can tell you that they're not in the minority, it's the silent majority syndrome that makes them appear to be in the minority while the gobby politically correct virtue-signalling activist minority only appear to be the majority.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #937 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:59:56 AM »
Over 40,000 have reached Europe by sea this year already.
Not a chance of sorting this problem out, wait for some European countries to implode.

https://www.politico.eu/article/lost-at-sea-ship-standoff-builds-pressure-over-migrant-rescues/

This picture of these terrified genuine asylum seekers, fleeing from war-torn persecution with their wives & young children, has really upset me.

Upset me because some of the riff-raff will most likely end up in the UK, poncing off my taxes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Akbuk

« Reply #938 on: Sep 23, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
So after four years the excuse is Covid delayed their plans.....Covid wasn’t  even highlighted till November 2019.
Again the EU thinks slinging money at it is the answer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/23/eu-proposes-to-ditch-refugee-quotas-for-member-states
I’m a real he/him.

Cassandra

« Reply #939 on: Sep 23, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »
My children feel the same as I do as well.

Having spent a few years on building sites, with mainly much younger blokes, I can tell you that they're not in the minority, it's the silent majority syndrome that makes them appear to be in the minority while the gobby politically correct virtue-signalling activist minority only appear to be the majority.

I completely agree. Empty kettles make the most noise. I have a feeling the same profile exists in the USA too and a surprise awaits Biden in November? Our focus leader here the BBC heads such a pro-remain, woke, busy body network of do-gooders that its sometimes difficult to extricate reality from the fog of propaganda and ideology?

What a shock the Referendum gave them all? Ace remainer Dimbleby's face was worth sitting up for until 5am; as the silent majority wiped chaste, the smug condescending physiognomy of seven hours earlier.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

« Reply #940 on: Sep 23, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »
Hehe. After Diasi mentioned it was on YouTube I downloaded it.

Diasi

« Reply #941 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »
Hehe. After Diasi mentioned it was on YouTube I downloaded it.

I know it's off topic but here's the link to the whole BBC coverage, for those who would like to enjoy the moment once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmUP1StPf0

Here's a very short clip of the actual announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAn9Dw_srPA

digitalis

« Reply #942 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »
Rejoice. Rejoice!

Pure gold.                                                                                                                         
[/size]I know it's off topic but here's the link to the whole BBC coverage, for those who would like to enjoy the moment once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmUP1StPf0

Here's a very short clip of the actual announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAn9Dw_srPA

I cant recall the whole crowd who were called to have us vote IN,but there was Big Biz,Admirals,Generals,Bank Officials,Presidents...the whole kit-and-caboodle. The shock went on for days. Various politoco families went into mourning. The gravy train was coming to an end.

klondike

« Reply #943 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
These two don't look like they'll be off to the pub to celebrate the result they've just announced.

Diasi

« Reply #944 on: Sep 23, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »
These two don't look like they'll be off to the pub to celebrate the result they've just announced.

Lol.  ;D ;D ;D