Author Topic: Dover Today. The Latest!  (Read 82350 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Dover Today. The Latest!
« Reply #945 on: Sep 23, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
I know it's off topic but here's the link to the whole BBC coverage, for those who would like to enjoy the moment once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmUP1StPf0

Here's a very short clip of the actual announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAn9Dw_srPA
You could hear the pain - and we NEVER had a referendum to join just to t remain, which idiots such as myself got suckered into
Mike 😡😡
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #946 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
Don't feel too bad about it. The result was about 70:30 to remain in what was supposed to be just a trading club. We got nothing much in the way of any real details just propaganda.

I got suckered too. I know Diasi didn't and possibly others here but I claim no precognition.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #947 on: Sep 23, 2020, 08:38:58 PM »
I sat up and watched the Referendum results too, I hoped, but thought we'd lost it as the London votes came rolling in, then the tides began to turn, oh their faces, as Cassandra said, Dimbleby's face at 5 am was a sight to see.  The first bit of good news for decades.  Lets hope the government don't sell us out at the 11th hour

Cassandra

« Reply #948 on: Sep 23, 2020, 09:42:52 PM »
I sat up and watched the Referendum results too, I hoped, but thought we'd lost it as the London votes came rolling in, then the tides began to turn, oh their faces, as Cassandra said, Dimbleby's face at 5 am was a sight to see.  The first bit of good news for decades.  Lets hope the government don't sell us out at the 11th hour

Believe me they are trying very hard right now to achieve a BRINO result. One of the surprises to me was seeing Brandon Lewis projected to such an influential role in this process. A devout remainer and serial voter against all things Brexit, he should have been buggered off to upper chamber slumbers double quick. An oven-ready double agent for Grieve and co.

Perhaps Boris's wheels were coming off his trolley much earlier than the sad spectacle of his present debacle has latterly confirmed? It could all be part of the master plan to replace him with a suitably compliant remainer. There are plenty to choose from, conveniently planted in the cabinet and just waiting to take over - no election necessary!

Brexit is a serious blow to the Bilderberg group who run Europe and particularly their brainchild the Euro. Where once they fixed matters principally through enigmatic influence and third party stealth; these days they are having to work far more in the open, than has been the case in their 69 year history.

Incidentally as far back as 1955 Labour Stalwart and former Chancellor of the Exchequer Denis Healey was a founder member of this clandestine secret society, as was the then leader of the British opposition Hugh Gaitskell.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Akbuk

« Reply #949 on: Sep 23, 2020, 11:38:49 PM »
No UK persons face could be compared to the celebs & reporters faces in the US when Trump won. They all looked like they’d lost a family member, it beat the referendum result reactions hands down.
I’m a real he/him.

biglouis

« Reply #950 on: Sep 24, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #951 on: Sep 25, 2020, 01:17:53 PM »
Apparently more intrepid mariners have turned up here in September so far than the whole of 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/09/25/more-illegals-have-landed-uk-september-whole-2019/

digitalis

« Reply #952 on: Sep 25, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »
By way of killing 30 minutes until it was time for my coffee I went to El Pais to try to practice some Spanish. Finding my skills wanting and the headlines somewhat flat I rifted over to Southern News Spain and another paper: this time in English. Somewhere I picked up some news that the locals down thataway are becoming more and more vocal and upset at the more-and-more unwanted arrivals from Africa a-coming in. At first locals were sympathetic(a bit like what you here about locals down Greece away),but as more came,and came again,and just keep coming,feelings are getting a bit...how'd ya say? - more vocal? I think the news I read some 60,000 migrants and rising. Lots from Algeria and Libya. But word spreads,and word has it that more are a setting off from further down Africa way.

What to do?

Expect no answer from sleepy town Brussels soon. I guess the bloated leaders there soon set off for a weekend back home. With covid and all that, I wonder whether more greenbacks might be claimed from the barons of Brussels as like our elected leaders have(still are?)claiming at Westminster.

According to the Farage Brussels are awash with long lunches,fine wine,a-hosting and a dining. Only up until Kinshasa or al Hajaru al-Aswad(the black stone of Mecca)sets up next door will any decision be made about it all.

How does the poem go: Marie Antoinette was in her castle,counting all her money...when a hoard o illegals came by a setting up, all claiming  asylo. Now the Queen was drinking champers...

I leave the rest of the poem for you all to complete on your own.

biglouis

« Reply #953 on: Sep 25, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

The queen was drinking champers

And it really put the dampers

When Sayed and Mohammed

And lots of other rag heads

Messed up her snow white rugs

Bringing dirt and mess and bugs

To her parlour oh so pretty

But lets get to the nitty gritty

She called her guards out two by two

"Now bugger off or they fire on you!"

But don’t you want us here, oh queen?

Its pretty horrible where we’ve been

No hand outs by the nanny state

Its far too bad to contemplate

No houses for my dozen wives

And its difficult to stay alive

Without state benefits like you get

And no state pensions you can bet

We wos told the streets were paved with gold

Are you saying its not as we wos told?

For intruding now upon your leisure

And expecting you to show some pleasure

Oh cruel cruel is our lot

So now your sayin we’ll be shot

klondike

« Reply #954 on: Sep 28, 2020, 07:47:40 PM »
Have we started to get something right? Probably not. These camps need to be more sensitively sited - preferably offshore

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/09/28/we-wish-we-stayed-france-illegal-migrants-complain-conditions-uk-camp/

‘We Wish We Stayed in France’: Sudanese Illegal Migrants Complain About Conditions in UK Camp
A group of illegal migrants have spoken publicly to complain about the conditions in the recently opened migrant camp in Folkestone, Kent, claiming that the supposedly poor conditions make them regret illegally travelling to the UK from France.

Ashy

« Reply #955 on: Sep 28, 2020, 07:56:31 PM »
Telling them stories about four star hotels has not helped. But I agree they should be housed off shore.

sparky

« Reply #956 on: Sep 28, 2020, 08:25:05 PM »
Yeah, preferably off the shores of somewhere like Iceland

biglouis

« Reply #957 on: Sep 28, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
Or as far north as we can site them - in tents. That might persuade them to go back to nice warm Afghanistan or wherever.

Cassandra

« Reply #958 on: Sep 29, 2020, 01:59:59 AM »
Have we started to get something right? Probably not. These camps need to be more sensitively sited - preferably offshore

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #959 on: Sep 29, 2020, 04:53:35 AM »
Must be nice to be able to multi-task so seamlessly
Mike 😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!