Author Topic: Cummings Must Go  (Read 1772 times)

StephenM123

Cummings Must Go
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:28:50 AM »
Dominic Cummings, the PM's chief advisor has allegedly broken the lockdown rules. If this is the case surely he must resign as did Scotland's Former Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood and a leading scientist Professor Neil Ferguson, who both flaunted the rules.

Flying bomb

Re: Cummings Must Go
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 05:45:33 AM »
Cummings should be Goings.
"One small step for man"...…
…..because he has Athritis.

www.retinascope.co.uk
Albert.

Glen

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:36 AM »
I'm not a fan of this bloke. On this forum we have repeatedly said it was advice. I've never seen how bringing a paid nanny into you home is  legitimate  yet bringing a parental Nanny is not. The Scottish Health Minister was on TV spouting the rules at us. She was part of the team. Cummings is not a minister he's an advisor. Apparently, he self  isolated in a separate part if the house for childcare as he and his wife were ill. If it were you.. young children to look after yet you are ill, your wife is ill, you've seen how ill Boris became, what would you do? You can't bring a nanny into an infected household so what are your options. Sometime you have to be pragmatic. This is mischief making.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 07:15:55 AM »
'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn!'

Burns

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 08:04:45 AM »
He hasn't broken any lockdown rules as every one of the rules has a proviso for exceptional circumstances.

Visiting your holiday home for a bit of a get-away isn't exceptional circumstances.

Visiting your bit-on-the-side for a quick shаg isn't exceptional circumstances.

Having to employ a paid nanny to look after your young children when you are ill & aren't able to do it is exceptional circumstances.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened.

Glen

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 09:26:31 AM »
Daisai, my post perhaps wasnt clear. There are people I know who are employing nannies so they can work from home. If a relative  from a different household looked after a child so the parents could work from home all hell would let loose. It would be another Cummings fiasco.

klondike

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »
There are plenty out to nail Cummings. I believe his justification carries far more clout that the other two who have no excuses. In any event Professor Pantsdown wasn't sacked as such although doubtless there was coertion. I didn't read any details of the other one as I take no interest in Scottish politics.

Supporting leave is not racism. Don't let others suggest it is.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 10:00:37 AM »
Daisai, my post perhaps wasnt clear. There are people I know who are employing nannies so they can work from home. If a relative  from a different household looked after a child so the parents could work from home all hell would let loose. It would be another Cummings fiasco.

A relative from another household could be asked to look after a child so that the parents can work from home.

However, as in the case of a live-in paid nanny, the relative would also have to live in the household for the duration of lockdown.

It would only be against the rules if the relative flitted between between their own home & their relative's home.

Brexit Has Happened.

Glen

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
Daisad, one of the cases I know of the paid nanny comes daily as she can not work from home. I understood this was ok. I will look  more thoroughly.

klondike

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 10:54:54 AM »
It's the rules difference for relatives and workers. They seem to assume that folk are more likely to hug a relative than a nanny. Clearly they are excluding the great and the good from this calculation  :)

Supporting leave is not racism. Don't let others suggest it is.

xetog

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
Maybe he followed the letter rather than the spirit, but those in the public eye should be held more accountable.  I don't like the man, but feel that he puts backbone into the cabinet, so would regret his departure.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Glen

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »
Klondike, the people I know, their kids are more likely to hug paid nanny as she spends more time with them. Perhaps that's who  Prof Pantsdown thought he was meeting .. his nanny? ?

Walter

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 01:02:50 PM »
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Daisad, one of the cases I know of the paid nanny comes daily as she can not work from home. I understood this was ok. I will look  more thoroughly.

Well people get daily visits from paid carers but a relative wouldn't be expected to make the same visits.

Brexit Has Happened.

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 03:24:18 PM »
I think he was foolish to travel all that way.  Although I would have done the same for my kids, I'm not an advisor to the PM.  The papers are gunning for him now, quite funny to see all the remainers losing their heads over this, but then they've never forgiven him for Brexit.