Author Topic: parsley Box  (Read 2279 times)

granny moss

Re: parsley Box
« Reply #30 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »
Michael...I too try as much as I can to save on washing up...which I dislike...intensely...So, I eat out of the conteiners as much as I can...Then bribe my daughter with a fiver to tidy up... :D :D :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #31 on: Jun 27, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »
Thankfully, I only have myself to bribe within striking distance. No, come to think, I only wish they were in striking distance
Mike 🤕🤕
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #32 on: Jun 27, 2020, 01:53:44 PM »
Washing up is the one household job I dont mind but I do it only about twice a week as its a waste of washing up liquid and hot water.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Alex22

« Reply #33 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:39:34 PM »
You must have a lot of crockery BL  :)  I wash the dishes every day as it's a job I don't really mind - it's ironing I hate.

Scrumpy

« Reply #34 on: Jun 27, 2020, 02:46:07 PM »
I couldn’t bare dirty cups/plates/cutlery laying about..
I too hate ironing.. I don’t even have an ironing board... :o

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

stellamaris

« Reply #35 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:35:02 PM »
I use paper plates and bowls for almost everything.  But I still end up with a washing bowl full of spoons and some other cutlery.  My next door neighbour says she ends up with about 20 knives in the bowl.  I don't mind some washing up but food storage jars are a pain.  For me they have to be more or less sterilized if I am going to store food in them, then I dry them and put a sheet of kitchen towel inside before I put them in the cupboard.  Then another good rinse before I use them.  I don't own a tea towel and just one small roasting tray.  Aluminium trays and kitchen towels just rock! ::) ;D .  I've gotten much lazier since the lock-down with not having to cook for anyone and absolute minimum use of crockery.  I'm not sure I'll cope when I have to be sociable again.

I do wash up every day - and tend to wash any pans before I eat the food which is a touch OCD and I have to be quick.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

granny moss

« Reply #36 on: Jun 28, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »
Forgot all about paper plates etc...To think that Micky's business was in selling wholesale paperwear and plastic cups to all the cantines in Norwich and Norfolk! He sold up when he retired. He also sold soups, tea and coffee for all the vending machines !!! How could I forget ? Also had a business in providing crockery, cutlery and trays etc. to the outside caterers and hotels....All of that has gone now, with all the shoe factories, and many other manufacturers. Anglia TV and BBC had canteens....I think the last manufacturer to go, was Bally shoes ? I remember Mackintosh closing down...All very sad. Better times ahead ? I hope so. gmx

biglouis

« Reply #37 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
You dont need much crockery for one person - one cup/mug, one plate. one knife fork and spoon. I only really eat one meal a day at supper time and lunch is usually a sandwich. So once or twice a week I wash up 3 or 4 of the above. Its all down to my principle of if something does not earn me money or give me pleasure I avoid if at all possible.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #38 on: Jun 28, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
I also only have two spoons, 2 tea spoons, two knives and two forks. 2 Plates, and a few microwave pirex dishes. Quite enough for me. I soak the items I use, in a bowl in the sink, having rinsed them first. Then with the last meal , I do the small amount of washing up. Always rinse the detergent away, and put them on the drainer. They are all dry in no time. It is quite interesting to find out how different we are in our similitudes... :D :D :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #39 on: Jun 28, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
Being an ultimate slob, I tend to let washing up accumulate for 2-3 days before feeling guilty enough to do something about it - normally because for some reason I always seem to be in danger of running out of forks before anything else
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #40 on: Jun 28, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »
Most parts of Asia people eat with their fingers....sitting on the floor....etc. I now, have to use a serviette to protect the front of my jumpers....as I many times miss my mouth.., :D :D gmx

Alex22

« Reply #41 on: Jun 28, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »
Most parts of Asia people eat with their fingers....sitting on the floor....etc. I now, have to use a serviette to protect the front of my jumpers....as I many times miss my mouth.., :D :D gmx

I usually buy patterned tops GM so if I have an accident and miss my mouth, it doesn't show up quite as much  :)

granny moss

« Reply #42 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
Very useful...Will make myself some bibs.... :D :D :D Soon I shall need some nappies.... :D :D :D gmx