Author Topic: parsley Box  (Read 2276 times)

Michael Rolls

parsley Box
« on: May 24, 2020, 07:00:08 AM »
Don't know if others have come across this company. They deliver ready meals but with a diiference. You don't need a freezer, nor even a fridge, to store them. They are vacuum packed and the company claim that they will last up to six months in just a cupboard. I have ordered some and they are reasonable quality - about on a par with Tesco. I have plenty of freezer capacity, but they could be worth trying for anyone who hasn't. Their prices are very reasonable - £2-£3 a meal. All are one person size and because they have been stored at room temperature, cook very quickly - around 3 minutes in the microwave in the packaging. If you don't have a microwave they can be cooked in the over for 20-25 minutes, but the packaging is not oven proof - the contents need to be put in a casserole dish.
They can be found at care@parsleybox.com
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

Re: parsley Box
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 07:50:35 AM »
Sounds like something folks on their own might want to try and keep a few on hand even if they didn't use them regularly. I'm not a fan of frozen ready meals though I must admit.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:28 AM »
Yes, that's what I thought
Mike

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
Passed it to a friend who is on Meals on Wheels. He's suffering with erratic delivery times and incorrect meals every 5 - 7 days.

Anybody here have issues with Meals on Wheels? It seems most areas have been outsourced.

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 05:41:16 AM »
Requested Catalogue. Looking forward to trying the meals. gmx

em

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:55:30 PM »
Have you tried them,Granny moss?Just received a promotional offer.Can they provide a decent meal at such a low price?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2020, 01:24:18 PM »
I’ve had quite few now and enjoyed them. One thing to check. Some of th eillistrations are a bit misleading, showing a meal with vegetables which isn’t always the case, but the descriptions are accurate
For sheer convenience they are hard to beat; from decision to mouth in about six minutes!
Mike

em

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
Thanks,Michael R, I will give them a try.I prefer doing my own veg anyway.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2020, 01:29:49 PM »
Hope you like them
Mike

em

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2020, 01:40:31 PM »
Thank you.I'll let you know in due course.

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:34:14 PM »
I have ordered 10 meals. The pictures look nice. They are 270g . The ones I get fron Sainsburys, are 400g for the same price. I have a list of my favourite from Sainsburys. Parley box, I have not tried them yet. But if I like them, I will keep a few in store, just as a stand by. They do not charge for delivery, not yet....If I like them, I can always boost the portion up with a potato waffle or some pasta, or some rice....I boost the Quiches from Sainsburys with  a handful of mixed vegs.I will let you know when I eat one of their meals, how it is.  gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:43:26 PM »
One of the things that I like about them - forgot to mention - is that the portions tend to be 250-300g. Quite often - especially in hot weather - I find the 400+ meals a bit too much for me (different in winter though!)
Mike

em

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
A plethora of choice.Will let you know in a few days what I think of them.Thanks to all of you.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2020, 10:43:03 PM »
Don't know if others have come across this company. They deliver ready meals but with a diiference. You don't need a freezer, nor even a fridge, to store them. They are vacuum packed and the company claim that they will last up to six months in just a cupboard. I have ordered some and they are reasonable quality - about on a par with Tesco. I have plenty of freezer capacity, but they could be worth trying for anyone who hasn't. Their prices are very reasonable - £2-£3 a meal. All are one person size and because they have been stored at room temperature, cook very quickly - around 3 minutes in the microwave in the packaging. If you don't have a microwave they can be cooked in the over for 20-25 minutes, but the packaging is not oven proof - the contents need to be put in a casserole dish.
They can be found at care@parsleybox.com
Mike

I was interested but they're a bit pricey compared to what we normally pay.

Their 270 gm Cumberland pie is £2.99 & we can get a 375 gm Bisto Cumberland Pie for £1.35p at Morrisons, but for anyone who doesn't have a supermarket nearby these would be a good alternative.

https://www.parsleybox.com
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:36:20 AM »
These meals sound ideal for singletons who are not interested in cooking for themselves. My nephew brings me 5 frozen meals down every week and I just stick them in the microwave. He loves cooking and just makes an extra portion when he does a meal.  Ive always loathed housework and cooking. I get a carton out of the freezer and stick it in the microwave most times without even looking to see what it is. So I dont know what Im having for supper until it goes "ding" and I open it up.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.