Author Topic: Oh joy and rapture  (Read 3575 times)

zoony

Re: Oh joy and rapture
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2020, 07:42:19 PM »
Paddy's Wigwam..."If you want a cathedral we've got two to spare, in my Liverpool home.." That takes me back..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

em

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2020, 08:31:27 PM »
Jacqueline,Liverpool Met. cathedral was Lutyen's dream.

mick607

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »
On a clear day Blackpool Tower can be seen from the top of the Anglican cathedral.

Alex22

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 08:41:50 PM »
The Anglican cathedral is beautiful, I drove past most weekends and never went inside until about 3 years ago, absolutely amazing.   

Sheila

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
Yes, it's fabulous.  I can't see me going over to Liverpool in the near future though.

granny moss

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »
 Granny Mac, I am DEFINITELY not racists or predjudiced . Never have been. I was simply stating facts as they are happening. I believe in live and let live. We are all individually different and so much the same. Here, I think, we are discussing the difference in cultures, which as it is real and proven, varies from race to race. Yes, your friend is lovely. But surely you have to admit that not all coloured people are Saints ? Nor are the whites and the browns and the yellows...There are the good the bad and the ugly in within all of us......we live all of us on the same planet....I had best friends and people I respect, in all these different categories. Please, do not lecture me on a misunderstood comment. Thank you. gmx

mick607

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
Yes, it's fabulous.  I can't see me going over to Liverpool in the near future though.
Some good pubs too. ;D

Audrine

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2020, 02:58:13 PM »
I can't believe what I am reading on some comments on this thread. No wonder the UK is in such a culture mess, because that is what it is.
Granny Moss is quite right, her thread makes the most sense.
British People who complain about the Christian ringing of church bells & accept the Muslim calling must have something wrong mentally with them. Audrine

Goingtoseed

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2020, 03:12:58 PM »
British People who complain about the Christian ringing of church bells & accept the Muslim calling must have something wrong mentally with them. Audrine

Not so.
The perception of most is that to criticise or complain about anything related to Muslims, or indeed any member of the ethnic minority is automatically classified as Racial Abuse.
I sometimes do it myself without thinking if I hear anybody complaining about immigrants and the way they live - I would tell them that those comments would be deemed to make you appear to be a bigot and a racist.

Jacqueline

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »
If anyone wants to call me a bigot or racist be my guest, I couldn't give a damn.

GrannyMac

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
Granny Mac, I am DEFINITELY not racists or predjudiced . Never have been. I was simply stating facts as they are happening. I believe in live and let live. We are all individually different and so much the same. Here, I think, we are discussing the difference in cultures, which as it is real and proven, varies from race to race. Yes, your friend is lovely. But surely you have to admit that not all coloured people are Saints ? Nor are the whites and the browns and the yellows...There are the good the bad and the ugly in within all of us......we live all of us on the same planet....I had best friends and people I respect, in all these different categories. Please, do not lecture me on a misunderstood comment. Thank you. gmx

No lecture GM, and no suggestion that you are prejudiced or racist. Its very obvious that you're not, you have had such a wide experience of the world and different businesses.  So I apologise.  One problem with online discussion is the lack of expression that would accompany the spoken word.  I was merely stating a fact about my own experience.

Of course there are good and bad in all cultures, religions and ethnic backgrounds.   There's a lack of integration, more apparent in some cultures than others.  However, its hard not to notice the way some comments generalise about 'immigrants'.  Often 'immigrants' mean anyone not white.   I just get a bit tired of it. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »
Dear Granny Mac. Friends ? :) I like the Forum, and some time it is so easy to misunderstand the expressions and tone of a post. As you said, the lack of visual expressions as we speak, easily makes for misunderstandings....Hope we are still friends  :) gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:50 PM »
Thank you GM, of course we are.  GM  :)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Goingtoseed

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2020, 11:35:19 PM »
If anyone wants to call me a bigot or racist be my guest, I couldn't give a damn.

The boys in Blue might have a different attitude if they came knocking on your door following a complaint made against you.

biglouis

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »
They would have to prove it in court. Heresay is not sufficient.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.