Author Topic: BBC 4  (Read 1435 times)

Cassandra

Re: BBC 4
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 03:15:26 PM »

It' been a very useful instrument for the BBC within the recent past, where at obscure hours and to miniscule audiences it screened programme material opposed to its endemic biases. For example any pro-Brexit broadcast material appeared just before close down. In this way 'Lord Hall' and his fellow lefties could proclaim they represented all opinions, whilst fielding 80% anti-Brexit panelists at 'Question Time' on BBC1.

Viewing figures registered below 'The God Channel'.

Lets hope the half-baked entity of the BBC in it's entirety, shrivels to a point where the Guardian can buy it in 2027 and extend their delivery of marxist soup to the residents of Islington, Camden and associated Remainer post codes in the metropolises, with a board headed by Lord Sadiq Khan.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Jacqueline

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »
Maybe BBC3. What do they need so many channels for in any case? I never watch any of them. I doubt if they have many viewers because there are over 100 channels free to air without satellite, and of course thousands from the sky for anyone who wants them.

There may be 100 odd channels out there but I wonder who watches them as most programmes are total rubbish for brain dead idiots.  I wonder if that is why the BBC wants to dump BBC4 as it for the most part has intelligent programmes which you are hard pushed to find on other channels.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 05:24:27 PM »
Speaking for myself, I watch a tv programme for my entertainment, edification or enjoyment and pay little heed to the politics governing the broadcaster and, supposedly, it's content. I'm happy to be politically agnostic.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »
If BBC 4 serves any reasonable purpose it could be supported by advertising and that way the rest of us would not have to pay for it. Intelligent people won't mind being asked to sponsor a giraffe for £2 a month every ten minutes.

klondike

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
Which channel is that? Most of the dross I end up on having flattened the batteries in the remote looking for something to watch usually want money for either cats or donkies.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, so far this year tried to watch one BBC programme which they buggered up for me. Thank heaven for You Tube and Netflix!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 06:46:40 PM »
Which channel is that? Most of the dross I end up on having flattened the batteries in the remote looking for something to watch usually want money for either cats or donkies.
Maybe I was sticking my neck out there.

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 06:48:11 PM »
I mainly watch 81 Talking Pictures and 40 Sony Movies, never watch the news on the old channels, I don't believe them.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 06:50:45 PM »
You cynic you!
Mike 😉
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

There may be 100 odd channels out there but I wonder who watches them as most programmes are total rubbish for brain dead idiots.  I wonder if that is why the BBC wants to dump BBC4 as it for the most part has intelligent programmes which you are hard pushed to find on other channels.

I'm a bit of a brain dead tv watcher. Tired of news programmes, no decent dramas (where's Line of Duty or Happy Valley?), and only the odd documentary of any interest.  Not even any cricket for my OH to watch.   🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »
If BBC 4 serves any reasonable purpose it could be supported by advertising and that way the rest of us would not have to pay for it. Intelligent people won't mind being asked to sponsor a giraffe for £2 a month every ten minutes.

I wouldn't mind paying a fee for BBC4 if it kept it ad-free but I also pay my licence fee so I expect it to be ad-free. Why should the programming I like be got rid of? Surely there's a limit to the sort of brain-numbing crap that yells about being The People's Best this or The Nation's Favourite that?

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
I wonder why they canned Happy Valley after two series. AFAIK it isn't even repeated by any of the usual suspects. I was reminded of it by something recently - probably an old gogglebox which is constantly repeated and downloaded the two series for later viewing - I'm senile enough to have forgotten most of what happens.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
No idea..That one passed me by I'm afraid..

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:46 AM »
There was an excellent programme on BBC4 last night about male Ballet dancers in the Royal Ballet. These guys really have got talent unlike that mind numbing rubbish show.

zoony

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 12:44:19 PM »
There was an excellent programme on BBC4 last night about male Ballet dancers in the Royal Ballet. These guys really have got talent unlike that mind numbing rubbish show.

You'd like 'To Be A Dancer' Shiels..Documentary about Nureyev.I saw it many years ago but I was stunned at the guy's strength and endurance training..Then the defection etc..An excellent watch..

cowboy wisdom.