Author Topic: When is oversleeping, oversleeping ?.....  (Read 446 times)

granny moss

When is oversleeping, oversleeping ?.....
« on: May 27, 2020, 09:26:02 AM »
How extraordinary !....I finally woke up at 9am ! :o The first time in my life, I think...this happened! Feel quite disorienteted...but managed to make
a cup of echinachea...and now here, to chat to my friends.  Only, the brain is not working properly...it seems to have gone somewhere else  :D My
daughter in law ( a staff nurse...) said to me sometime ago, that when dogs start sleeping a lot, it is their winding down time... :o I wonder if the sameapplies to us humans  ??? Have a nice day  :-*

Alex22

Re: When is oversleeping, oversleeping ?.....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:27:35 AM »
If you slept until 9am GM you must have needed it !

Wish I could :)

Raven

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »
Every now and again I sleep right round the clock, don't know why as it doesn't make me feel any better. ::)
The only thing that's going to help my health just now is being able to get back to my 40 lengths a day, my joints are not behaving the way they should with out their exercise.

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:46 AM »
Same here Raven.  I feel as though I am losing my strength.  I just stood up to come back in the house to cool off and I felt quite unsteady. 

We have cancelled our holiday to India and I am wondering if I will ever swim again.  I am not allowed to use an indoor pool because of my lung condition and am not brave enough to swim in the English sea.  My daughter swims in the sea even in the middle of winter!

I have started a yoga video a few times but keep getting interrupted by the phone or lack of motivation.  It's strange, when we have all the time in the world to get the house and garden up to date, some of us can't be bothered.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »

We have cancelled our holiday to India and I am wondering if I will ever swim again. 

Are you actually saying that you would swim in the Ganges? One of the most polluted rivers in the world - full of bits of dead people and turds?

granny moss

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 04:40:12 PM »
I was born a few meters from the Adriatic sea, and never learned to swim... :D :D :D The one time when on my honeymoon in Venice Lido, Micky wanted to teach me to swim, I went straight to the bottom of the sea head first. That was the last time I tried, and me and the sea parted company.... :D gmx

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »
Same here Raven.  I feel as though I am losing my strength.  I just stood up to come back in the house to cool off and I felt quite unsteady. 

We have cancelled our holiday to India and I am wondering if I will ever swim again.  I am not allowed to use an indoor pool because of my lung condition and am not brave enough to swim in the English sea.  My daughter swims in the sea even in the middle of winter!

I have started a yoga video a few times but keep getting interrupted by the phone or lack of motivation.  It's strange, when we have all the time in the world to get the house and garden up to date, some of us can't be bothered.

Although I started the lockdown with motivation thinking I would get all my jobs done, I got the house really clean, gleaming windows, it was great.  10/11 week in all that motivation has gone, I have been looking at half sewn curtains for weeks, the days just go by and I get more mad with myself and depressed for not doing these things.  I've even heard myself say I haven't got enough time to do the things I want to do because i have to cook dinner instead. I'm going to lose the use of my legs through lack of exercise soon if I don't buck myself up.  Could do with that exercise guy what was his name Mr Motivator?

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
I am afraid there will be a backlog of ailments associated with staying indoors when all this is over. Not least of them a total lack of urgency when considering doing anything.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »
There is a website for victims of domestic abuse which has apparently seen a four fold increase in calls. Sadly, can’t say I am surprised, and I wonder what the statistics will look like at the end of all this
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 06:18:41 PM »
And for that matter, the suicide stats
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 08:54:32 PM »
As I wrote early morning....I got up at 9am...Washed dressed and made myself a cup of tea. By then it was nearly 11am. So I  ate a kind of brunch.... ???   kept well till 5.45 pm, when I had my dinner. I am not at all hungry....and it is 9 pm...will go to bed now. If I do this every day from now...I may loose a bit of weight ?  :D gmx