Author Topic: No more clapping for the NHS  (Read 3676 times)

zoony

Re: No more clapping for the NHS
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »
Nice thing about England is that you don't have to join in Richmond, you can please yourself and if you think that ordinary people sparing a couple of minutes to bang a saucepan or ring a bell to show their appreciation makes them sheep then you're best off where you are.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
mick607..  ;D ;D ;D ;D  best laugh of the day.
Me too Scrumpy ;D ;D

Walter

« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:40:08 PM »
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Ashy

« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
From what I have gathered, half the NHS is working from home or in a call centre and not seeing anyone. I hope they prove me wrong.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jun 03, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »
I was seen and treated effectively for my recent leg injury within a week.

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Jun 03, 2020, 08:46:54 PM »
I think the first time was great I was quite emotional.   As the weeks went by the clapping somehow didn't have the same impact.  Just my opinion, but each to his own :)

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:29:12 PM »
We haven't done any clapping.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #22 on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
Only the sheep in the field next door would hear me.

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:03:45 PM »
Okay but I still think calling the people "sheep" who did take a couple of minutes to bang or clap is uncalled for. And I agree that it's had it's moment.

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:35:05 AM »

Doctors and Nurses around the world o their jobs too, and a lot of them do more than their job descriptions require
because they are moral and dedicated professionals.

But why Doctors and Nurses caring for Covid-19 sufferers are somehow 'more heroic' than those
who care for Cancer, AIDS, pneumonia and so on, patients (who make up the other 91% of regular deaths)
escapes me.

But why doctors and nurses caring for covid-19 suffers are 'more heroic' escapes me.

Could it be that many are putting their lives at risk..!! Many have died because protective equipment wasn't available..
I think the NHS are amazing.. but are not usually at 'RISK' on a regular basis..

I think the description of ' t*sser' that you label a Union might also apply to you..   
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Walter

« Reply #25 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:11:27 AM »
I clap to show support to my wife my personal hero and her colleagues caring for others in every hospital across the UK who are at risk of being contaminated every time they go into work in normal times, now even more so.

I also applaud the refuse collectors, delivery drivers, energy works , Police, Emergency Services, Posties, and the thousands who are working out there behind the scenes as usual , people we rarely think of in normal times , but whinge when they are not there or screw up.

I also support my neighbours and friends who are working together to help each other more than ever before, that is the one positive side of this nasty virus which we will deal with.

richmond62

« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »
While I think the "clap" thing is rubbish. I do think painting the current NHS with the Shipman thing from 20 years ago is not fair.

richmond62

« Reply #27 on: Jun 04, 2020, 07:53:45 PM »
"I also applaud the refuse collectors, delivery drivers, energy works , Police, Emergency Services, Posties, and the thousands who are working out there behind the scenes as usual , people we rarely think of in normal times , but whinge when they are not there or screw up."

That makes quite a lot more sense.

Walter

« Reply #28 on: Jun 04, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
While I think the "clap" thing is rubbish. I do think painting the current NHS with the Shipman thing from 20 years ago is not fair.

Nor do I re Shipman, and some that may have had a bad or poor experience then think the entire NHS is like that to me is not logical. 

StephenM123

« Reply #29 on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:06:06 AM »
There was not a clap, saucepan banging or firework here last night.

Whilst I support NHS staff, carers and all other key workers the clapping had run its course. As I mentioned previously I am not happy with the NHS as they are continually delaying a friend's treatment as his condition deteriorates in front of our eyes.