Author Topic: Riots in America,again.  (Read 3574 times)

David G

Re: Riots in America,again.
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »
I hope the police never use that kind of discretion on you ronyork, a knee on your throat for eight minutes whilst you're begging them to let you breathe
PS. There is already a thread on this.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

David G

« Reply #31 on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:39:33 PM »
The four policemen have been sacked one of them charged with murder, who knows what other charges might. follow.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Scrumpy

« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:54:37 PM »

I think there are many people in many countries who will take the opportunity of a protest to turn it into a riot..

It is their chance to destroy shop premises and steal goods without any thought of the shop owner or the colour of his skin..
Many people will suffer because of this.. The poor shop keeper is usually the same colour as those the protesters are fighting justice for...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

xetog

« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »
Seen on our local TV channel about 3 days ago and caught on a traffic cam, since then not even mentioned:  Three police cars surrounded and stopped a gold Range Rover.  It looked as though the police ordered the driver from the car.  When he climbed out he was a huge black guy about 40.  He lunged at the nearest officer who backed of and pulled out a Tazer, but did not fire it.  The guy stopped and appeared to calm down.  The officer put away the Tazer and the guy immediately lunged with his fist, breaking the officers jaw.  He was immediately jumped on by the other police and restrained.  The news item said that the offenders lawyers are asking for an enquiry into the conduct of the police.

Apart from the fact that the traffic cam pic promptly disappeared from the news, it seemed clear to me that the police acted properly and with caution, but the lawyers must think that what I saw was not clear, whereas I am convinced from what I saw that the assailant should be charged with GBH.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

biglouis

« Reply #34 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:05:13 PM »
We are far too relaxed on rioters in this country. The police should have used water cannon and rubber bullets in the 2011 London riots. Instead they stood back and allowed people to lose their businesses to a lawless mob.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

David G

« Reply #35 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:09:31 PM »
I couldn't argue with that, and nobody died. From what I've seen the American policeman is quite rightly charged with the murder of a handcuffed man.

ronyork

« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:12:23 PM »
The truth will out , this policeman was on the spot you were not ,or myself thankfully , these types in my opinion enjoy this kind of conflict   Law comes at a price. There is one way to deal druggies and their types , and the sooner the better!

David G

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »
There are two separate issues here. Firstly people legally protesting about the death of a man in police custody. Secondly criminals using the cover of the protesters to commit opportunist crimes.

David G

« Reply #38 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:18:32 PM »
Yes ronyork four policemen were on the spot, three of them standing there while the fourth had his knee on a man's throat for eight minutes and kept it there even after the man had become unconscious.

David G

« Reply #39 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:22:46 PM »
The truth will out , this policeman was on the spot you were not ,or myself thankfully , these types in my opinion enjoy this kind of conflict 

I don' t think Mr Floyd enjoyed it, he's dead.

zoony

« Reply #40 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:30:45 PM »
The truth will out , this policeman was on the spot you were not ,or myself thankfully , these types in my opinion enjoy this kind of conflict   Law comes at a price. There is one way to deal druggies and their types , and the sooner the better!

"There's one way to deal (with) druggies and their type"..

Being as you 'weren't on the spot' what do you base such a nasty comment on? His blackness? The fact that a policeman's knee is on his neck so he's obviously guilty of something? There is as yet no evidence of any drug use immediately prior to his 'arrest'.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #41 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:29:10 PM »
Latest is he died of asphyxiation and he did have drugs in his system.  He'd recently taken methamphetamine which could have been prescribed - or not.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/1/george-floyd-death-homicide-had-drugs-his-system-m/

ronyork

« Reply #42 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
Apparently he was a listed druggie.

David G

« Reply #43 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »
Your point being ?.

David G

« Reply #44 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:52:25 PM »
I'm not aware it's okay to kill somebody because they're  a drug addict.