Author Topic: Riots.  (Read 6232 times)

David G

Re: Riots.
« Reply #60 on: Jun 02, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
To be honest the evidence is pretty damning. One or more of the policemen should have intervened.

Yes! three other policemen and not one had the guts to say enough, the law applies to us as well. The guy is unconscious he's no danger to us now but psycho cop is enjoying himself too much.

To my mind it was heartless and sadistic.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Walter

« Reply #61 on: Jun 02, 2020, 02:35:24 PM »
I guess the demonstrating mobs are the way impartiality is going to be applied.  Vengeance has no place in the law, yet so many people expect it too as long as it's not applied to them.

Mike.X

I agree 100%
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

biglouis

« Reply #62 on: Jun 02, 2020, 02:54:29 PM »
I am pretty peed off with these riots because I have a consolidated package in my US shipper's warehouse waiting to be taken to Memphis airport for dispatch to me. However the couriers were not picking up yesterday because of the riots. The companies have a duty of care both for the packages and their staff and I would not want to be driving a vehicle with valuable goods through a populated area where riots were going on.

Americans do get so over excited.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Walter

« Reply #63 on: Jun 02, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »
Yes and guilty people get off because of who or what they are, the cops must be telling the truth unless they're the one recently who when asked what are you going to charge me with said I'll make something up, where is justice then ?.
If a juror has seen the video they'll go in to the courtroom with a preconceived opinion. The judge will tell them to forget everything they've seen or heard, but they won't. I certainly wouldn't.

Unless you have inside knowledge of the cases you allude to and for all I know plucked out of thin air you have no idea if they were guilty or not, Cops in Court are cross examined rigorously when giving evidence, just the same as other witnesses its is the Jurors job to judge them on how they came across in the box which ones they believed was telling the truth

One thick Cop made that stupid comment and you appear to think that means all other cops are the same, that is lot even logical

Then you make a sweeping statement about due to one stupid Cop all of Cops must be the same a sweeping stereotyping a wrong assumption guess

It appears you have no knowledge at all about how a Criminal Court works with in cases such as this Jury members are selected not just the first 12 to turn up,  in high profile such as this asked by the Defence and Court what they have seen on the TV read in the media and how they feel.

Some will rejected some will be selected , and yes a Judge will tell all Juries to listen to all the evidence carefully as their job is to make a judgement on the evidence , not what is on line or in the media but what happens in Court.

David G

« Reply #64 on: Jun 02, 2020, 03:32:16 PM »
Walter I'm talking about the George Floyd case. What don't you understand  about that.
Watch the video before you give your opinion.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ashy

« Reply #65 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
Nice white cop, big bad black man, not a cat in hell's chance of impartiality.
Three of the four policemen involved, the three who allowed it to continue, were not white.

David G

« Reply #66 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:41:47 PM »
Where have I said they were ?.

David G

« Reply #67 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:42:44 PM »
The one who is charged with murder is white.

David G

« Reply #68 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »

Then you make a sweeping statement about due to one stupid Cop all of Cops must be the same a sweeping stereotyping a wrong assumption guess

I'm examining the evidence rigorously so can you point out to me where I said that.

David G

« Reply #69 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:10:52 PM »

It appears you have no knowledge at all about how a Criminal Court works with in cases such as this Jury members are selected not just the first 12 to turn up,  in high profile such as this asked by the Defence and Court what they have seen on the TV read in the media and how they feel.

Some will rejected some will be selected , and yes a Judge will tell all Juries to listen to all the evidence carefully as their job is to make a judgement on the evidence , not what is on line or in the media but what happens in Court.

Do you believe everybody who gets on to a jury has told the truth about their beliefs / opinions /prejudices or what they've seen or heard in the media ?
If so I suppose nobody ever lies in the witness box, certainly not police officers.

Walter

« Reply #70 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

I'm examining the evidence rigorously so can you point out to me where I said that.

No your not an impossibility all you have like everyone else is a video on line which shows you part of the evidence if the person who took it comes forward or can be traced , for a succefful prosecution there will need to be much more than that.

A chain of events from the very moment when Floyd was stopped and why, how he behaved how the Officer behaved, who saw it what did they see heard and do, is there other CCTV footage on buildings nearby, traffic cameras that recorded what happened. 

The you would have to know what the Officer or Officers said when interviewed, what the Forensic Officers found, the Pathologists for the state and the independent one carried out at the request of the Floyd family, etc

Try rigorously examining that from your keyboard 4,000 miles away Sherlock.

Suggested reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_(law)    

Walter

« Reply #71 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:24:44 PM »

Do you believe everybody who gets on to a jury has told the truth about their beliefs / opinions /prejudices or what they've seen or heard in the media ?
If so I suppose nobody ever lies in the witness box, certainly not police officers.

If you ask silly questions don't be surprised if you get sill answers or no answer at all,  you can imagine guess  what you will you will only be fooling yourself, nobody else

Raven

« Reply #72 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »

David G

« Reply #73 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »
I'm not surprised to get NO answer from you Walter,  any answer at all will suffice surely you can summon one up even a silly one will do.

David G

« Reply #74 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
Sorry Walter, half the time I don't know what you're talking about  :)