Author Topic: Mr Floyd  (Read 1377 times)

sparky

Re: Mr Floyd
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

Why do we need courts ?.
We could just have ronyork as judge jury and executioner, I like his impartiality and fairness and think of the money we could save the taxpayers

I don't see that much  worse than at present, where we come down hard on our own, but  just turn a blind eye and bend over backwards to avoid upsetting  many ethnics with their disgusting practices

Raven

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:48:03 AM »
I have been wondering about this Policeman and Mr Floyd. It was Way OTT how he was dealt with, and I'm wondering if the two knew each other, and there was bad history between them.

David G

« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:52:18 AM »
Why do we need courts ?.
We could just have ronyork as judge jury and executioner, I like his impartiality and fairness and think of the money we could save the taxpayers

I don't see that much  worse than at present, where we come down hard on our own, but  just turn a blind eye and bend over backwards to avoid upsetting  many ethnics with their disgusting practices

Have you proof of that, evidence / Statistics or is it just your opinion ? which of course without evidence / statistics that's all it is.

One minute someone on here is telling me courts are wonderful fair impartial, next minute I'm being told they turn a blind eye. Which is it ?.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

StephenM123

« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
Our local radio station had a phone in on this. I never heard the end of it as I had to turn it off. One blogger claimed they were crying and so distraught at the news that they were work! Then when someone claimed our police were basically racist I had enough. Behaving a way that does not attract police attention is a good way to start!

David G

« Reply #19 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
To me it's nothing to do with race or colour it's about decency and compassion and when that breaks down with officers supposed to be upholding the law heaven help us all.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

David G

« Reply #20 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »

I am fully expecting to read anytime now about its our racial prejudice that's to blame for a higher percentage of ethnics dying from Covid

PMQs on Sky just now. Labour woman MPs question... can the Prime Minister ensure that more black people aren't dying of Covid 19 than whites. What does she expect him to do, cull some whites to balance it up ?.

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:48:42 PM »
I have been wondering about this Policeman and Mr Floyd. It was Way OTT how he was dealt with, and I'm wondering if the two knew each other, and there was bad history between them.
It's possible they knew each other having previously worked for the same security company.

sparky

« Reply #22 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »
David, I gave up taking notice of  any statistics years ago, because as sure as eggs are eggs,  when supposed genuine statistics  are published,  you can bet within a few days, there will be another lot stating the opposite, depending on the agenda of the person publishing.
Whereas, I have noticed for many years, various criminal cultural practices that have been going on for years, before  there is what seems a half hearted attempt to tackle the problem.

StephenM123

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »

PMQs on Sky just now. Labour woman MPs question... can the Prime Minister ensure that more black people aren't dying of Covid 19 than whites. What does she expect him to do, cull some whites to balance it up ?.

Abbot Mk 2! Kier you need to put a lid on idiots!

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 03, 2020, 03:56:48 PM »
All lives matter. Not that it helps anyone at this time but the facts suggest that many more white people are killed by police in America than blacks, who are not even the second largest group. Whites are also the largest group by number and per million killed in all homicides in the USA.

No matter how serious the evidence, we must presume innocence unless and until proven guilty beyond all doubt.

..facts suggest that many more white people are killed by police in America than blacks..

Why is it that when a black man is (killed) by police they usually resort to protest.. riots and looting.. .. Yet not so when a white man is killed by the police..
 Some races, please note I say 'some', seem to be continually protesting about how badly they are treated.. yet not about their lifestyle and the reasons for any treatment dished out.. No person, whatever the skin colour, should be abused by the police..

Stephen Lawrence UK was murdered because of his skin colour..He is still spoken about to this day.. Yet no white man murdered by another skin colour gets the same press coverage..  It doesn't add up...

Are we being dictated to by the minority.. If so.. the minority will soon become the majority.

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:29:18 PM »

Stephen Lawrence UK was murdered because of his skin colour..He is still spoken about to this day.

Yes, the other contributing reasons have been airbrushed, very successfully, from the internet & from history.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Walter

« Reply #26 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
I am concerned about the full circumstances surrounding this death. A full unbiased enquiry is needed sooner rather than later. However, the rioting is totally unacceptable.

Today already I have had an email and visited a website I am connected with. Both opened up with "Black Lives Matter". The sender of the email got tetchy when I replied "All Lives Matter"  which they do. Yes, let's address racism when it occurs but let's not go OTT. I feel my career was adversely affected by positive descrimination on more that one occasion. What is needed is equality and respect!

There will be a full Criminal Trial in due course as the Officer who carried out the arrest and knelt on his neck has been charged with Murder
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Walter

« Reply #27 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:48:39 PM »

Perhaps however perhaps not, allegedly Floyd recently released from prison had according to family moved to Minnesota to make a fresh start, allegedly he was stopped and arrested on suspicion of passing forged currency in a store a few day earlier.

I is highly likely that if he had done that he car registration may have been taken on that occasion and come up on the Police Cars ANPR or similar system.
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”