Author Topic: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 3862 times)

Diasi

Re: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #255 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »
You would think they would have ways of making him talk.

I think they had to get out of that habit a while back.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Brexit Has Happened. Jog On.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong as it's only something I've read on the internet

klondike

« Reply #256 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »
Not that it would help. You can only tell if you know and I'm pretty much certain that the German pervert knows nothing that would lead to this case being solved.

Target. Believe 6 impossible things before breakfast.

Ashy

« Reply #257 on: Jun 28, 2020, 08:40:08 AM »
Seems strange that a body would simply disappear, if she was really there in the first place of course. Maybe it's different in Portugal.
Run your compliments through a mangle to make them flatter.

klondike

« Reply #258 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
A small body could be concealed in, say, a sports bag which could then be placed in the boot of a car and taken just about anywhere for secret burial. Of course that would leave trace evidence on both the car and bag which may be detectable by trained dogs.

Strangely enough there was a story of a vanishing sports bag. I also read that cadaver dogs were used and indicated both the appartment and boot of the McCanns hire car. That Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral wrote about that and many other things in his book on the case - the one the McCanns sued him for but had their case dismissed by a higher court than the one which initially found in their favour. Of course sniffer dog evidence cannot be used in courts.

http://www.cadaverdog.net/gerry-and-kates-reaction-to-sniffer-dogs-hitting-on-mccann-holiday-apartment-and-rental-car-didnt-make-sense/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1573575/Gerry-McCanns-tennis-bag-is-focus-of-inquiry.html

Rather poor picture from the apartment of the bag Gerry never owned....
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020, 12:47:20 PM by klondike »

Ashy

« Reply #259 on: Jun 28, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
This is one of the strangest cases (or sports bags) ever. Yet I am told there is no such thing as a perfect murder. Seeing how these mysteries are usually solved, they should have secured the services, early on, of an American in a raincoat and possibly an assistant called Kowalski.

StephenM123

« Reply #260 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:18:32 PM »
This is one of the strangest cases (or sports bags) ever. Yet I am told there is no such thing as a perfect murder. Seeing how these mysteries are usually solved, they should have secured the services, early on, of an American in a raincoat and possibly an assistant called Kowalski.

Columbo, Morse or Taggart maybe but I imagine the complaints would have flowed in...

klondike

« Reply #261 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
I don't believe there is any suggestion by Goncalo Amaral that Madelein McCann was murdered by her parents. His suggestion was that she died in the apartment as the result of an accident and the death was covered up.

Others looking at the rather sparse evidence released have drawn the conclusion that she actually died early on in the holiday and the McCanns and probably their friends took several days concocting the abduction story.

Some of that speculation is based on what was claimed to be the last picture of Madeleine which had exif data showing a date which puts the picture at odds with the known weather on that day plus other anomolus details. I recently read that the printed identification picture given to the Portuguese police was not only probably a year old but the 20 odd copies given were produced with amazing speed.

There is a lot to this case that many will put down to a conspiracy theory and I don't find some of the suggestions I've read very convincing. For instance certainly there are many contradictions in the witness statements given but I'm not sure that that is especially surprising.

What I do find difficult to write off is the dog and photos evidence.

https://www.geckoandfly.com/7987/how-to-change-exif-data-date-and-camera-properties-with-free-editor/
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020, 07:31:37 PM by klondike »

Ashy

« Reply #262 on: Jun 29, 2020, 05:31:02 AM »
One tragedy that makes me really sad is the gnawing fact that my wife bought their book before it was remaindered. So sad.

klondike

« Reply #263 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
You will have the warm inner glow that you paid just a little in the failed attempt to silence Goncalo then.