Author Topic: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 26804 times)

Jacqueline

Re: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #315 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »
Yes I knew that but the McCanns certainly offered no explanation. They had to send somebody to their house in England to pick up a hairbrush to provide a sample.

Another strange one, send to England for a hairbrush.  Every mother brushes their child's hair when they are getting them ready for bed, so what happened to Maddy's hairbrush in the apartment? surely she had her hair brushed at some stage of the holiday. Very strange.

Ashy

« Reply #316 on: Sep 26, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »
It seems to have been the perfect murder.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #317 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:44:58 PM »
The more one reads about this, the strange it seems. The comment about the hair brush, for instance
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #318 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:57:29 PM »
I thought that was in The Truth of the Lie but it wasn't so I don't recall which of the umpteen things I've seen and read where it was mentioned. They were looking for DNA from Madeleine and could find none in the apartment so had to retrieve something from the McCann family home and that was her hairbrush. Diasi may well have seen this reference and recall where.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #319 on: Sep 26, 2020, 11:00:01 PM »
Can’t help but feel that the whole thing is weird almost beyond imagination
Mike

klondike

« Reply #320 on: Sep 26, 2020, 11:06:14 PM »
If you are interested in researching it there are umpteen links within this very thread. It will take a very long time. Once done there isn't much you'll find weird - it all makes perfect sense apart from why the UK police are still wasting our money on a pointless and very expensive investigation.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #321 on: Sep 27, 2020, 04:35:22 AM »
That’s one of the things that is weird

StephenM123

« Reply #322 on: Sep 27, 2020, 08:55:36 AM »
My personal view is that a team of detectives made up with members from the Portuguese, UK and German teams should be allowed to question the McCanns and their friends as I feel they know more than they let on!

klondike

« Reply #323 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »
They've kept the secret 13 years so I doubt it will be revealed now. IMO unless there are some advances in science that makes re-examining the samples from their hire car and the apartment provide some evidence that will stand up in court then this will never be solved.

Currently the Germans apparently want to re-examine a saliva sample from a pillow but as is often the case with Germans they have rubbed the Portuguese up the wrong way and have so far been advised to swivel.

klondike

« Reply #324 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »
I won't have recalled the missing DNA story from reading these but from a summary made by someone who did.

This page refers to failure of DNA testing of the hairbrush from the apartment. The source is a public archive of all the Portuguese PJ files on the case.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/A_L_PALMER.htm

This one is about the DNA sample of Madelein which had to be collected from her parents home.
A search for "DNA profile of Madeleine McCann that was collected in her parents house in England." will take you to the point in the document where that is made clear.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PORTUGUESE-FORENSIC.htm

My memory of "hairbrush" probably related to the mysteriously missing sample material from the one in the apartment and something else was picked up from her home and doubtless mentioned somewhere in the second document.

Diasi

« Reply #325 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
I thought that was in The Truth of the Lie but it wasn't so I don't recall which of the umpteen things I've seen and read where it was mentioned. They were looking for DNA from Madeleine and could find none in the apartment so had to retrieve something from the McCann family home and that was her hairbrush. Diasi may well have seen this reference and recall where.

Same as you, I saw it in the copies of the PJ Files posted on the original McCann Files site before it was taken down after legal action intimidation.

Fortunately a lot of his material is on the McCann: JP Files to which you have linked & thanks for doing that as you've saved me the job of finding them.

Questions have been asked as to why Gerry McCann was dispatched to the UK to collect a sample of her DNA, in this instance hair from a brush, as there's no proof it was her hair at the time it was collected.

The DNA sample should have been collected by the UK police or, on second thoughts, by the Portuguese police.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #326 on: Sep 27, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »
I’d missed that. A possible suspect, unsupervised collecting forensic evidence?
Seems very odd
Mike

klondike

« Reply #327 on: Sep 27, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »
It was the reference DNA for Madeleine. If he took hair from one of the twins instead it is little wonder that they found no complete match for Madeleine from the car and apartment samples. I'm not suggesting that happened but in this case anything seems to be possible.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #328 on: Sep 27, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »
About the only thing I would rule out is alien abduction
Mike

klondike

« Reply #329 on: Sep 27, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »
Funny you mention that. Let me dig out the link.  :)