Author Topic: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 26689 times)

Walter

Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case
« on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:52:18 PM »
Madeleine McCann

They may be close to getting the man who took her, the suspect who is currently in a German Prison was in the resort at the time she disappeared.

I hope they can finally solve this case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52914016#
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

klondike

Re: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »
I seriously doubt it.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Walter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:59:12 PM »
I am an Optimist and hope they can , but who can say one way or the other at this stage if the report is anything to go by it appears the Police are reasonably confident.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2020, 08:41:21 PM »
If they found her would she even remember her parents.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:22:42 PM »
Yep that sounds a good reason to make him a suspect to me.

Lets look at the evidence:

He was in the same area of Portugal at the same time as the McCanns.

He travelled round Portugal in a camper van.

He sold a vehicle.

He received a phone call on the day she disappeared.

If that doesn't make him a suspect I don't know what does.

The UK police's Operation Grange is a national embarrassment, the only sensible thing they've said is "Someone out there knows a lot more than they're letting on," said DCI Mark Cranwell, who is leading the Met inquiry.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/sitemap.htm

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/portal
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2020, 01:18:34 AM »
It said on the news that he was " a convicted sex offender" which always leaves a question mark imo.
 Given the number of false roads the investigation has gone down so far it's as well to wait for due procedure..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

StephenM123

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2020, 05:42:52 AM »
If you search on McCann on here you will find the case has been discussed here many times including Phil and myself. For some reason Phil has not posted in a long time.

I am dubious it will lead to any conviction as we have been here to often before although closure would be good.

Unfortunately having a slightly cynical side two things spring to mind:

i) Something fresh often occurs when Operation Grange needs further funding. Many people would like a fraction of this spent on missing family members including children.

ii) Glancing at the papers on the BBC website this story has removed CovID related issues from the front pages. Quite convenient as we still have 300 deaths a day, issues over quarantine, etc.

I will not hold my breath!

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2020, 07:51:48 AM »
If you search on McCann on here you will find the case has been discussed here many times including Phil and myself. For some reason Phil has not posted in a long time.

I am dubious it will lead to any conviction as we have been here to often before although closure would be good.

Unfortunately having a slightly cynical side two things spring to mind:

i) Something fresh often occurs when Operation Grange needs further funding. Many people would like a fraction of this spent on missing family members including children.

ii) Glancing at the papers on the BBC website this story has removed CovID related issues from the front pages. Quite convenient as we still have 300 deaths a day, issues over quarantine, etc.

I will not hold my breath!
"They may be close to getting the man who took her, the suspect who is currently in a German Prison was in the resort at the time she disappeared."

It seems, from this thread, that the media's preferred theory that she was abducted by a man, has been accepted as hard fact when in fact there is not the slightest shred of evidence.

The McCann Files website, which compiled all the known facts, disappeared from the internet a while ago.

When the link is clicked the www changes to ww7 & nothing shows.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:12:05 AM »
The disappearance of the website makes me think there is a hidden agenda somewhere!

From what I have read today there is nothing more than possible circumstantial evidence!

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »
The disappearance of the website makes me think there is a hidden agenda somewhere!

From what I have read today there is nothing more than possible circumstantial evidence!

You're right, there have been over 600 'this is our man' suspects & four 'this is 100% definitely our man' suspects were arrested but totally cleared.

A huge amount of time & effort seems to have gone into removing anything from the internet that doesn't support the abduction theory when the only known fact is that she disappeared.

Walter

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:27:13 AM »
The reason I would like to see a successful outcome to this latest lead if for the parents and family of Maddie , after all this time they still do not know if she is alive or dead, they need closure one way of the other, if it is the latter where is she .

If this suspect was responsible is the 64 dollar question, so many other leads have come to nothing some claim the Portuguese Police may not have been efficient as they should or could have been in the initial stages, even the parents came under suspicion.

Scotland Yard has not closed the file, for them it is still a Missing Person enquiry , I do hope this lead is a strong as the Police in Germany and the Yard in London think it maybe and they solve this case.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »

You're right, there have been over 600 'this is our man' suspects & four 'this is 100% definitely our man' suspects were arrested but totally cleared.

A huge amount of time & effort seems to have gone into removing anything from the internet that doesn't support the abduction theory when the only known fact is that she disappeared & all theories must be equally valid until proved otherwise.

Below is a link to one of the few sites that hasn't been removed & it actually contains the old The McCann Files data.

That's the beauty of the internet, someone always has a copy.

https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:50:03 AM »
For some reason Phil has not posted in a long time.
A victim of the resurrected Granny49 as were several others. Dark days. Best left.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »
Below is a link to one of the few sites that hasn't been removed
Sites do simply lapse as interest in their content wanes and nothing new can be added. I read either that site or another and was pretty much convinced by the evidence presented there that this current enquiry is very unlikely to go anywhere.

Another site on the topic https://jillhavern.forumotion.net

Bad taste?

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »
Yep that sounds a good reason to make him a suspect to me.

Lets look at the evidence:

He was in the same area of Portugal at the same time as the McCanns.

He travelled round Portugal in a camper van.

He sold a vehicle.

He received a phone call on the day she disappeared.

If that doesn't make him a suspect I don't know what does.

The UK police's Operation Grange is a national embarrassment, the only sensible thing they've said is "Someone out there knows a lot more than they're letting on," said DCI Mark Cranwell, who is leading the Met inquiry.

[

Don't forget he's already been convicted of sexual assaults against children.