Author Topic: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 26802 times)

Diasi

Re: Possible break through in Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #255 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »
You would think they would have ways of making him talk.

I think they had to get out of that habit a while back.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #256 on: Jun 27, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »
Not that it would help. You can only tell if you know and I'm pretty much certain that the German pervert knows nothing that would lead to this case being solved.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #257 on: Jun 28, 2020, 08:40:08 AM »
Seems strange that a body would simply disappear, if she was really there in the first place of course. Maybe it's different in Portugal.

klondike

« Reply #258 on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
A small body could be concealed in, say, a sports bag which could then be placed in the boot of a car and taken just about anywhere for secret burial. Of course that would leave trace evidence on both the car and bag which may be detectable by trained dogs.

Strangely enough there was a story of a vanishing sports bag. I also read that cadaver dogs were used and indicated both the appartment and boot of the McCanns hire car. That Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral wrote about that and many other things in his book on the case - the one the McCanns sued him for but had their case dismissed by a higher court than the one which initially found in their favour. Of course sniffer dog evidence cannot be used in courts.

http://www.cadaverdog.net/gerry-and-kates-reaction-to-sniffer-dogs-hitting-on-mccann-holiday-apartment-and-rental-car-didnt-make-sense/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1573575/Gerry-McCanns-tennis-bag-is-focus-of-inquiry.html

Rather poor picture from the apartment of the bag Gerry never owned....

Ashy

« Reply #259 on: Jun 28, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
This is one of the strangest cases (or sports bags) ever. Yet I am told there is no such thing as a perfect murder. Seeing how these mysteries are usually solved, they should have secured the services, early on, of an American in a raincoat and possibly an assistant called Kowalski.

StephenM123

« Reply #260 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:18:32 PM »
This is one of the strangest cases (or sports bags) ever. Yet I am told there is no such thing as a perfect murder. Seeing how these mysteries are usually solved, they should have secured the services, early on, of an American in a raincoat and possibly an assistant called Kowalski.

Columbo, Morse or Taggart maybe but I imagine the complaints would have flowed in...

klondike

« Reply #261 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
I don't believe there is any suggestion by Goncalo Amaral that Madelein McCann was murdered by her parents. His suggestion was that she died in the apartment as the result of an accident and the death was covered up.

Others looking at the rather sparse evidence released have drawn the conclusion that she actually died early on in the holiday and the McCanns and probably their friends took several days concocting the abduction story.

Some of that speculation is based on what was claimed to be the last picture of Madeleine which had exif data showing a date which puts the picture at odds with the known weather on that day plus other anomolus details. I recently read that the printed identification picture given to the Portuguese police was not only probably a year old but the 20 odd copies given were produced with amazing speed.

There is a lot to this case that many will put down to a conspiracy theory and I don't find some of the suggestions I've read very convincing. For instance certainly there are many contradictions in the witness statements given but I'm not sure that that is especially surprising.

What I do find difficult to write off is the dog and photos evidence.

https://www.geckoandfly.com/7987/how-to-change-exif-data-date-and-camera-properties-with-free-editor/

Ashy

« Reply #262 on: Jun 29, 2020, 05:31:02 AM »
One tragedy that makes me really sad is the gnawing fact that my wife bought their book before it was remaindered. So sad.

klondike

« Reply #263 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
You will have the warm inner glow that you paid just a little in the failed attempt to silence Goncalo then.

Diasi

« Reply #264 on: Jul 15, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »
As predicted, with a high degree of confidence, by Klondike & me, the German patsy has proved far more difficult to set up than the German police anticipated & it seems they haven't got anywhere with the process.

Despite all the checks on his vehicles & known addresses, not one shred of evidence against him has been found.

All the €20,000 reward for information achieved was a few women who got their 15 seconds of fame by saying they remember him giving them a funny look in the supermarket 20 years ago, or something equally incriminating, & a couple of criminal associates who said he'd discussed the case, at the same time that 20 million other people were discussing it.

https://bit.ly/3fvV3dH

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #265 on: Jul 15, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »
Strange to relate I was thinking about this yesterday and tried a search to see if anything was happening. The results were so exciting I don't recall exactly what they were but do recall they were trying to stitch the German perv up with the adbuction/murder of what they are calling the German Maddie. I'll recheck but after trying your link as it may be the same story.

It wasn't as yours was published late yesterday after I looked. What I came across was an old Mirror story from 20 June - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-buried-german-22226326 Somebody saying they think the "German Maddie" is buried in their allotment. Not really worth clicking.

Scrumpy

« Reply #266 on: Jul 15, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »

This story will go on and on and in the meantime there is much money being made..
 and that, in my opinion , is why it keeps cropping up every few years..

A bit like the death of Marilyn Monroe ... Many questions go unanswered .. A big cover up..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #267 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:05:05 PM »
From the Private Eye Wiki...

Phil Space is a fictional journalist. He "writes" articles mainly to fill space on the page, hence his name – and similarly Phil Pages, Phil Airtime (a radio news correspondent) and Philippa Column. The articles are rarely informative or useful and are often completely irrelevant. Such articles may include the byline, "From our correspondent Phil Space". A supposed continental counterpart, Monsieur Phil(-lippe) Espace, is sometimes mentioned when the story has an international background.

They were spot on with that and many other pіss takes. Unfortunately the unremitting Remain bias shown by them meant I stopped reading it quite a while ago now.

Cassandra

« Reply #268 on: Jul 15, 2020, 01:30:04 PM »
They were spot on with that and many other pіss takes. Unfortunately the unremitting Remain bias shown by them meant I stopped reading it quite a while ago now.

Me too, subscribed for 47 years, contributed to the many 'Coleman Balls' funds to defend against Labour hero and former MP 'Cap'n Bob' Maxwell, represented Peter Cook and was an all in supporter.

However when Hislop revealed his overt 'Remainer' colours and sledged away with his sanctimonious editorials and snide utterances on HIGNFY I severed continuity with both in 2016.

In my opinion its no more than a woke handbook now, no longer the sarcastic and brilliantly edited organ of Richard Ingam's halycon era. Can you imagine the shrewish present day editor ever permitting this font page featuring his EU hero 'Sailor' Heath to be circulated?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #269 on: Jul 15, 2020, 01:36:23 PM »
Used to be an avid reader many years ago - can't remember when and why it palled, but it did
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!