Author Topic: Sleepless in Rockland....  (Read 530 times)

granny moss

Sleepless in Rockland....
« on: Jun 17, 2020, 05:03:34 AM »
Another night interrupted...and I am too tired to get up...but if I begin to slow down, the slippery slope will be hard to climb back....I must keep moving and take care of myself....So,it is best if I get up, have a nice cup of tea and start the day on the move....Getting to my age it is not for the faint hearted....It takes great determination and a bit of bad temper...when inanimated objects get a mind of their own and put up a fight ...like when trying to do the buttons up on a cardigan...or put on a pair of leggins...I usually end up, or is it down ? on the floor :D Life is full of fun...gmx

Scrumpy

Re: Sleepless in Rockland....
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »

You are an inspiration to us all..  I hope I am as determined in my thinking as you are when I get to the grand age that you are..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »
Thank you ! :) I have now done the washing...my daughter wanted to help but I said: No thank you, I must keep doing things, even if it takes me longer...otherwise I seize up and became a burden...My son in law made me a cup of tea', and I sat in their kitchen and enjoyed...he said, sorry, he had not baked a cake...I said to him to be ashamed...and refused his buiscuits...We all had a good laugh  :D I often say to my daughter when she nags me...: I do not know why I bother to love you ! ;) .... I am so truly lucky !  The news that BOB the street cat has died, made me a bit sad...I read the book. He saved that young man's life ! I do love cats, and had two of them. First Pinky, and then, Tiddles. I really loved them and they both were such good company and intelligent. It is lovely to have pets, but so sad when they leave us. gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:06:28 PM »
Yesterday after driving home from my exercises, there was a dead cat by the side of the road - looked like a Burmese - so sad for somebody - it really upsets me to see dead pets on the road. Thankfully, up here it is very rare, but back in Surbiton, it was all too common
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:10:18 PM »
Well done GM, your posts are always interesting.  I didn't know Bob the street cat had died, how sad.  I too have the book, a film was made I believe although I haven't seen it - yet.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2020, 03:50:24 PM »
Such sad news about Bob the street cat. I have the book & DVD collection, when you are a soft daft cat lover like me you would understand.