Author Topic: White Lives Matter  (Read 5420 times)

Diasi

White Lives Matter
« on: Jun 18, 2020, 08:00:09 AM »
I like even-handedness & as this crime got minimal press coverage compared to the press coverage given to their fellow criminal Floyd, I've posted this to balance things up.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

Re: White Lives Matter
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2020, 08:06:52 AM »
Typical!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2020, 09:10:13 AM »
I have no words. Only tears.... gmx.

Akbuk

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:45:23 AM »
White lives do matter but it’s not PC to write it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53145201
I’m a real he/him.

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:32:34 AM »
It had the desired effect though, if they were ashamed and embarrassed. Until then they were quite proud of themselves I guess, promoting anarchy and murder.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:38:11 AM »
White lives do matter but it’s not PC to write it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53145201
So clearly the players and management of Burnley FC (perhaps that should be PC!) think white lives DON'T matter - nice to know
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2020, 06:53:50 AM »
So clearly the players and management of Burnley FC (perhaps that should be PC!) think white lives DON'T matter - nice to know
Mike

I don't believe that for a moment. Racism against black footballers is well documented.  I'm no football fan, but I'm aware it happens at every level.  The top post here is about some vile men, who are black.  Do they represent every black person? Black footballers?  We are not a homogeneous group simply because we are white, and neither are people from ethnic minorities.   

'Taking the knee' is OTT in my opinion.  However, I believe that many of the white players will do it in support of their black teammates who, regardless of their skills, are targeted purely on skin colour.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2020, 06:57:39 AM »
You are missing the point - the reaction of the club was to rubbish the claim that white lives matter. This is more support to the totally over the top reaction we are seeing in this country to the underserved death of a pretty revolting character who happened to be black 3,000 miles away. I regret the manner of the man's passing, but I don't believe that the world is any the worse for him no longer being amongst us - just look at his criminal record

Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:13:40 AM »
There was no need for the banner.  I believe it was done simply to provoke a reaction.  As the still huge majority in this country, white lives have never been in question generally. 

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
Ignorance and poverty create all the troubles...If people were all the same colour, these two evils would still create the huge differences....In 2020, there should not be room in society for these two bad pests to exist. The greed of the few that have too much, and the many that have nothing, will always cause nasty solutions ....crime etc. Just looking at the slums in India, Malasia, and other islands thereabout...and South America...Where the slums are made of rusty sheets of corrugated iron...and so stuck together that when anyone wants to get out...they have to walk over the tops of the shacks....One has now to look at the large picture in this world. England is so small by comparison. The young ones must be educated in understanding the position in which they have to live their future, and helped to know what and how to deal with it. I do not know if it will be possible to reverse the bad that has been done, but if it can be halted, and made a bit better, it would be an achievement. I feel so sad for the future of the young. They have an almost impossible task ahead of them. I pray for them a better dawn.gmx

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »
There was no need for the riots, criminal damage, theft, arson, terrorism and murder, but it happened. Pretty sure there will be a reaction that will not stop at a benign slogan on a banner.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:21:07 AM »
There was no need for the riots, criminal damage, theft, arson, terrorism and murder, but it happened. Pretty sure there will be a reaction that will not stop at a benign slogan on a banner.
I think that you are almost certainly right, and all because of the death of a revolting American criminal in an illegal manner
Mike

David G

« Reply #13 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:52:26 AM »
Just days after three white men are stabbed to death Burnley FC are implying that white lives DON'T matter. They need to grow a pair and stop kneeling and grovelling and being racist to white people.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:02:12 AM »
Just days after three white men are stabbed to death Burnley FC are implying that white lives DON'T matter. They need to grow a pair and stop kneeling and grovelling and being racist to white people.
That's my vi3ew of Burnley
Mike