Author Topic: White Lives Matter  (Read 5429 times)

Alex22

Re: White Lives Matter
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:09:47 AM »
Their statement angered me  "Burnley strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner," the statement added.

Offensive banner- why is the banner offensive, but black lives matter is not  ?

There is little racial abuse of players, compared with 10 years ago.  The odd idiot who resorts to racial abuse is usually "shopped" by regular fans, quickly removed from the ground and always banned.

xetog

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
When I saw the kneeling incident on the TV this morning, I wondered aloud what would have happened if one of the players (black or white) had refused to join this mockery of a display?  My wife, surprised by my comment asked me what I meant and I replied that any player who dared have his own independent opinion of the cringe-worthy display would be likely to be ostracised and driven out of the game.  Such is the freedom of opinion that pervades the UK these days.  If you dare oppose the thought police, you are liable to be ostracised and an attempt will be made to drive you from society.  Think of JK Rowling who disagrees with the view of a minority of people, yet who is suffering (in a multi-millionaire way) from people who worshipped her only days ago. 

This whole charade has nothing to do with black lives, blacks are simply the current patsy of the woke movement run by the anarchist thought police and who are being allowed to take over or language and our country in the name of social justice.  I thought the White Lives Matter banner apt, is this an organisation yet, if so, I am inclined to join it.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
Agree with every word
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Maddie Malone

« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »
I think there are people out there who disagree but are afraid of the reprisals if they don’t go with the flow .
I wonder how the families of the white men who got stabbed and killed felt this morning watching the bbc and Burnley going on about how bad it was to fly that banner . Didn’t their white loved ones matter .
At the end of the day ALL lives matter .
I did wonder what the bbc and Burnley’s  reaction would have been if the plane flying the banner had ALL LIVES MATTER written in it

David G

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »

I did wonder what the bbc and Burnley’s  reaction would have been if the plane flying the banner had ALL LIVES MATTER written in it
They would have objected. The PC thing at the moment is only the Black Lives Matter slogan is acceptable.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

StephenM123

« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
I mentioned last week that "All Lives Matter". The kick back was that I was a racist who did not understand! This sort of unreasonable attitude will have the opposite effect to what PC types want!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
Absolutely!
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #22 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »

There is little racial abuse of players, compared with 10 years ago.  The odd idiot who resorts to racial abuse is usually "shopped" by regular fans, quickly removed from the ground and always banned.

Its growing again Alex, according to various reports.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49089209
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:39:33 AM »
I see that was for last season - just as well games are being played behind closed doors at teh mooment, as I believe there would be a real backlash to the current nonsense
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #24 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:48:10 PM »

Its growing again Alex, according to various reports.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49089209

I never go by BBC reports - but you're right and I hadn't realised. Things seemed to be going quite well a few years ago.....:) 

Alex22

« Reply #25 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:55:18 PM »
Never fear, Blackpool Airport has suspended banner flights from its base after the message 'White Lives Matter Burnley' was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium.

David G

« Reply #26 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:57:40 PM »
How dare people say white lives matter ?, whatever is the world coming to ?.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:59:50 PM »
That’s OK then, problem, no protests about racism by blacks will be allowed, but these white scum allowed to protest - well, no, not really
Mike

Akbuk

« Reply #28 on: Jun 23, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »
When I saw the kneeling incident on the TV this morning, I wondered aloud what would have happened if one of the players (black or white) had refused to join this mockery of a display?  My wife, surprised by my comment asked me what I meant and I replied that any player who dared have his own independent opinion of the cringe-worthy display would be likely to be ostracised and driven out of the game.  Such is the freedom of opinion that pervades the UK these days.  If you dare oppose the thought police, you are liable to be ostracised and an attempt will be made to drive you from society.  Think of JK Rowling who disagrees with the view of a minority of people, yet who is suffering (in a multi-millionaire way) from people who worshipped her only days ago. 

This whole charade has nothing to do with black lives, blacks are simply the current patsy of the woke movement run by the anarchist thought police and who are being allowed to take over or language and our country in the name of social justice.  I thought the White Lives Matter banner apt, is this an organisation yet, if so, I am inclined to join it.

Mike.X

My exact thoughts.
If a white player doesn’t follow his team mates does he then automatically get marked as a racist?
I’m a real he/him.

David G

« Reply #29 on: Jun 23, 2020, 01:27:37 PM »
In all probability he'd be blacklisted.