Author Topic: Cut benefits and increase cigarette tax.  (Read 5401 times)

brian54

Cut benefits and increase cigarette tax.
« on: Jun 22, 2020, 09:17:01 AM »
As i saw a man who is on benefits smoking this morning there must be plenty of room to cut benefits and increase the tax on cigarettes.

Scrumpy

Re: Cut benefits and increase cigarette tax.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2020, 09:20:22 AM »

Boring.. boring.. boring.. Bring back 'sleepy cat'.. and set Yogi on him.. ;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2020, 09:23:01 AM »

.. and I have been to Morrisons..!!!  Wasn't looking for bargains.. I just shot around the store.. First time in a shop for 4 months..

I'll check out prices and bargains next time..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »
Boring.. boring.. boring.. Bring back 'sleepy cat'.. and set Yogi on him.. ;D ;D
Have you retired Yogi?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »

Now I know it's you for sure.. :) ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
 ;D ;D
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »
Yogi must be very intelligent, to take a toilet roll with him into the woods. I doubt if I would remember to do that. I doubt if I would find a toilet in the woods come to think of it.

Sheila

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »

.. and I have been to Morrisons..!!!  Wasn't looking for bargains.. I just shot around the store.. First time in a shop for 4 months..

I'll check out prices and bargains next time..

The Co-op won’t be speaking to you.  We haven’t been in a shop for ages either.  We won’t be rushing back.  Asda have been brilliant and given us a free weekly slot (normally £6.50) until October.

We went for a walk and passed our local.  The barman was outside cutting the hedge and seemed pleased to see us so we stopped for a chat.  He asked if we would be going back when they reopen and we said not.  Once people have had a few drinks, they will forget about keeping their distance.

We are probably going to start meeting our friends (both retired nurses) in each other’s gardens for a natter and a drink.  I’m sure they will know how to be careful.  We can get into both gardens through the garage.  We have a downstairs loo just off the garden so can just not use that one for a few days after.

mick607

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2020, 11:55:45 AM »
As i saw a man who is on benefits smoking this morning there must be plenty of room to cut benefits and increase the tax on cigarettes.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:04:57 PM »
Yawn..

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »
The Co-op won’t be speaking to you. 

The Co-op won't be speaking to you...

That's alright Sheila.. From what I have learned on my walks, the normal.. perhaps I should say regular.. people who work there are have not been seen for some time.. They all seem to have some type of problem concerning the virus.. I guess they are on the governments 80% thingy..  Can't blame them ..

I won't be getting my Christmas (drinks) from there this year.. I usually pay for them with the amount I have accumulated on my membership card.. I'll start looking for offers..

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
He asked if we would be going back when they reopen and we said not.  Once people have had a few drinks, they will forget about keeping their distance.
My wife has Loose Women on TV. I think it was in that I caught a bit about relaxing lockdown. The suggestion was the 2m rule would be relaxed to 1m so long as a face mask was being worn. If that is true I don't think you need worry too much about folks drinking in pubs...

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »

Why stop at benefits and cigarettes? We should be putting extra taxes on any form of betting - bingo included. Free bus passes should be phased out too. And why not axe those on pension credit that claim to be disabled and get the free council tax awards.

I would tax heavily all privately owned motor vehicles as they contribute to the emissions that clog up our lungs. Should a 2017 diesel jaguar car be paying £30 a year in tax?

em

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
Sleepy cat is hiding somewhere in my computer,but I can never resurrect him when I need him,despite Klondike's and Diasi's efforts to help me.

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »
An excellent way to reduce benefits and increase taxation would be to introduce a new law making blind trusts transparent to the tax and benefits people and allowing them to assess folks with full knowledge of their true assets.