Author Topic: too many signs,??  (Read 460 times)

Alfred

too many signs,??
« on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:39:25 AM »
In between shopping on line their are times when i pop into our local asda stores for the odd items, also there are arrows marked on the floor as to which path to follow around the store i assume to avoid contacting other shoppers,

well this morning having gone early and walking around the store i noticed many other shoppers much like myself going back and forth regardless of the floor markings , completely oblivious of these signs as again people look ahead and not down as they search for what ever it is that  they need,

Q; wouldn't it be better to insist that  all shoppers wear face masks
and  presumably used hand gel  as many of us carry with us, instead,.

have you any thoughts on too many shop signs,??

Michael Rolls

Re: too many signs,??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »
Up here you are expected to wear a mask in shops - althouhg as a lot of small shops only alow one person in at a time quite a few folk don't mask up
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

David G

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
I've never worn a mask when shopping and no intention of doing so, the main reason being I find them stifling.
I'm due an MRI scan in December, if I have to wear a face mask in there I think I'll give it a miss and take my chances as I find it claustrophobic enough as it is.
The hysteria level needs to be turned down a couple of notches now. All IMO.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
I have seen it claimed that wearing the typical masks available to the public in the hope of protecting the wearer from the virus is the equivalent of putting up a chain link fence and expecting it prevent mosquito ingress because the virus is so tiny. On the other hand it is claimed that wearing a mask will reduce the chance of you transmitting the virus as it travels on mucus droplets.
Not sure I totally understand the logic
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

David G

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
I agree Mike. All along the advice from the experts has been masks don't make a lot of difference. The majority of staff filling the shelves in the supermarkets seem carefree about not wearing them.
It's the mask vigilantes the ones who probably wear a mask in bed at night that keep pushing for them.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:52:29 PM »
I have seen it claimed that wearing the typical masks available to the public in the hope of protecting the wearer from the virus is the equivalent of putting up a chain link fence and expecting it prevent mosquito ingress because the virus is so tiny. On the other hand it is claimed that wearing a mask will reduce the chance of you transmitting the virus as it travels on mucus droplets.
Not sure I totally understand the logic
Mike

That is "political logic", it doesn't need any science to back it up and can be self contradicting.

My understanding is basically the virus is a parasite, it cannot survive on its own therefore it is remarkably unlikely to be dangling in the air unless attached to some body cells such as saliva.

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2020, 02:56:44 PM »
Isn't the idea of a mask/face-covering to protect other people from your droplets? Very few of these things will stop a virus invading if you come into contact with it but they do have a big effect on you spreading your own body fluids around by coughing or sneezing.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2020, 04:15:44 PM »
Yes I agree.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »
Isn't the idea of a mask/face-covering to protect other people from your droplets? Very few of these things will stop a virus invading if you come into contact with it but they do have a big effect on you spreading your own body fluids around by coughing or sneezing.

That's been my understanding.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2020, 07:09:58 PM »
All the signs will have to change now, if they want to keep them. Not much point in it really. Mind you if only I had the contract to make sticky labels with a "1" on them.