Author Topic: Looking for an e.mail friend-pal...  (Read 440 times)

granny moss

Looking for an e.mail friend-pal...
« on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »
As I have now lost my last friend of my generation, I have browsed to try and find an e.mail friendly person in my similer position...I love to have someone to became a friendly e.mail correspondent, as royal mail is becoming a bit expensive...and the telephone for me, is a bit hard to hear...But out there, the search  is a very confusing affair...The Forum is OK, but rather impersonal. I would like to became a true friend to someone of my similer
interests, but it is so very difficult. That is the reality of when getting to my age....Unfortunately I have a very youthful mind, and naughty at times, and in the Forum posts ones I have to use a lot of restraint to my thoughts. With real friends one can have more freedom of expression...I do not need visitors. But I love to write. Forums are OK, but they do not replace a single one of my true friends. Sorry. They are so very different....Anyhow, I am OK with posting on this Forum, and been part of it. gmx

Michael Rolls

Re: Looking for an e.mail friend-pal...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:56:07 PM »
Granny
I do feel for you, although I doubt I can help.today it is twenty nine months since  Veronica, my darling wife, died, but it is also so sixty-eight years since my dad died. What really upsets me is that, as the oldest surviving member of my generation, I am the only one who can remember him
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Flying bomb

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »
I too have no friends or relations. My only lifelong
 friend/pal/wife died a year ago.
Fortunately, we both kept ourselves to ourselves so I am now quite happy
having no one to talk too.  So the lockdown had no effect on me at all so
I am lucky in that regard.
My many unusual interests keep me going
until the last curtain. ( I'm 87 but very healthy)
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2020, 12:58:28 AM »
Would be very surprised if there are no internet organizations where you cannot get an email pal with similar interests and age group.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Coffin dodger

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2020, 04:28:12 PM »
Hi Granny.
Oh boy can I both sympathise and empathise. I'm only a kid, not even eighty one yet and all my life have loved to talk - telling jokes, anecdotes or even singing. My voice is now reduced to a somewhat loud whisper. I asked my oncologist if they got rid of the tumour would my voice return. Doubtful apparently. Mind you, talk about 'it's an ill wind', my wife's over the moon. Peace at last. So I'm reduced to the written word. Yup luv. If you want an email mate and you think I'd fit the bill let me know.
Allan

GrumpyOldFart

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:25:06 PM »
I too have no friends or relations. My only lifelong
 friend/pal/wife died a year ago.
Fortunately, we both kept ourselves to ourselves so I am now quite happy
having no one to talk too.  So the lockdown had no effect on me at all so
I am lucky in that regard.
My many unusual interests keep me going
until the last curtain. ( I'm 87 but very healthy)

"My many unusual interests keep me going...."   Mmmmm

granny moss

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2020, 10:37:26 AM »
Thanks for the offers....I'll think about it.... ???    But no, thanks.  I have had second and third and four thoughts.....I will take up knitting....and sewing...and
astronomy of some sorts....looking  at  other more interesting outlets... :D :D :D .gmx