Author Topic: vanishing act,  (Read 287 times)

Alfred

vanishing act,
« on: Jun 23, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »
very recently my son found an egg in the garden in one of his hanging baskets the next day it had gone, so we think perhaps a fox had hidden the egg, and later retrieved it,

have you any experiences with foxes in general and  if so will you share your story with us,

mick607

Re: vanishing act,
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »
The only fox I became familiar with was a pub  ;D ;D ;D

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »
We quite often find mystery objects in the garden, and sometime objects which are less of a mystery, almost definitely brought or produced by foxes. Some time ago I set up a trail camera and often found footage of foxes, as many as six of them.

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »
There isn't much mystery about the only objects we find there days - cat turds. I was thinking of setting up a trailcam at the caravan. What puts me off is the good chance that it would show some rats. I prefer ignorance.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
Obviously it must vary from place to place, but mine only showed up foxes, squirrels and birds. I dare say if there had been any bears about it would gave confirmed the rumours.

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »
We have an ultrasound bear scarer in our garden. It was supposed to be a cat scarer but wasn't overly effective at that. So far it has a 100% record with bears though.

After living in a village and hearing the damned racket foxes make in the early hours on a January morning I'm pretty much sure we have no urban foxes here.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:51:22 PM »
Foxes and cats can be a nuisance with all their shouting. And I know what they are shouting about. "Anyone for a [censored]?"