Author Topic: school dinners,  (Read 753 times)

granny moss

Re: school dinners,
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2020, 08:32:20 AM »
In Italy, at primary schools, we used to starts at 8.am till 12,  no playgrounds...we went home with homework to do for the next day. Had lunch at home.When at college, started at 9 till 12, with no playing or breaks between lessons. Walked home for lunch, then walked back at 2pm, till 4pm. No play grounds and no meals. Had plenty of homework for the next day....We only had one day holiday at Easter and one day at Christmas. Took the exams every year to pass on to the next year. If failed, we just repeated the year....My "Diploma" ? I passed all the 14 subjects 9/10 average. Got a very good job as an accountant at the Main Royal Mail, with all the benefits and a good salary... :D Got bored. Left and got on with studying for a Teacher's "Diploma" at the home of private tutors, as the war was on. Did 4 years in 2 years...and passed....Then I met Micky and got married....My father was always saying : Females do not need studying...they always end up married....He was right. But I had a good life using my learning....gmx   ps. We had sports on Saturdays....and I was champion for high, and long jump and putting the shot.... :D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2020, 09:14:52 AM »
 a granny shot-putter - the mind boggles
Mike 😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »
Lovely to hear about your life in Italy GM  :)

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2020, 11:16:06 AM »

I used to throw the Javelin in the school sports.. I thought hockey was a spiteful game.

Couldn't run to save my life and used to ask my mates to stay with me, at the back.. They always promised they would but 'Winning' got the better of them..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2020, 11:58:16 AM »
I once comp;ted a 440 in the same time as Roger Bannister - but then he went on for another 3/4 of a mile!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!